VP of Business Development
Rockville, Maryland, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
The Vice President of Business Development will define and implement a strategy to ensure continued growth in a highly complex government contracting environment. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President of Business Development is a senior corporate executive with direct responsibility for the overall pursuit of new business, the identification and capture of new contracts, and the marketing of Company to potential customers.
- Develop the overarching strategy and tactical activities for business development within the organization, focusing on all possible avenues to support continued growth.
- Identify, qualify, capture, and close deals through proactive relationship-building with potential customers.
- Establish and maintain a pipeline of target opportunities that have been qualified through initial conversations with government stakeholders.
- Conduct ongoing and routine outreach to potential clients and represent Company at meetings, conferences, and other externally-focused events.
- Present deal-specific intelligence, including customer statements regarding needs and requirements, to executive team.
- Lead business development activities for new business opportunities from premarketing through proposal submission.
- Establish and maintain relationships with teaming partners.
- Oversee business development team, including resources responsible for research, proposal coordination, and proposal writing.
- Identify, recommend, and lead efforts to gain prime access to IDIQs, BPAs, and other GWACs.
- Author proposals, white papers, standard operating procedures, and other content.
- At least 10 years of directly applicable experience.
- Proven success identifying, influencing, responding to, and winning Federal government contracts.
- A track record demonstrating the ability to establish relationships with Federal government officials.
- Proven ability to identify and focus all efforts on the specific activities that will lead to corporate growth.
- A thorough understanding of the Federal small business contracting environment, including Small Business Administration and Federal Acquisition Regulation requirements.
- Exceptional communication skills and a self-starter attitude willing to lead and contribute to any corporate activity.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Willingness to work long hours during peak periods.
- Recent experience supporting one or more HHS Operating Divisions in a customer-facing role.
- Intelligence leading to immediate expansion of corporate pipeline.
- Master's degree in a related field.