VP - Director of Safety Management
Branchville, New Jersey, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Executive Positions
The employer operates within the insurance industry.
- Identify safety management initiatives and potential training/ development needs throughout the Company by engaging with the Strategic Business Units, Lines of Business, Corporate Claims leadership, Business Intelligence and Regional leadership teams to analyze performance against corporate objectives, growth results, and modifications in state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Identify information, resources and equipment necessary to enable our Safety Management staff to successfully meet their business objectives and coordinate needs with regional and corporate underwriting management teams.
- Develop and implement and modify appropriate safety management ordering guidelines for new and renewal accounts, providing maximum appropriate risk selection support as well as loss reduction services. Utilize service plans and other appropriate techniques where appropriate to aid in further loss reduction and retention of accounts.
- Influence technical SM resources throughout the organization efficiently across regional boundaries. Provide solutions to SM staff concerning technical or operational issues requiring resolution.
- Provide safety management and loss prevention consultative services to regional, SBU staff, and management personnel on issues requiring high-level technical expertise on risk characteristics and strategic planning.
- Update and maintain; the SM Operations Manual, Technical Service Guides, and any necessary internal or external resource site content, as well as instruction on their use.
- Assess existing policies and procedures and enhance where needed. Monitor and ensure compliance with internal safety management processes and procedures as well as external statutory requirements. Review/audit regional safety management operation to ensure consistent adherence to company standards. Establish procedures and controls to ensure accomplishment of service standards.
- Prepare operating budget and monitor/control SM departments' budget and expenses. Ensure operation is effectively and efficiently staffed throughout all of SM, developing and utilizing a staffing model, as needed.
- Provide technical oversight and direction on the IT system infrastructure and support for safety management and any applicable vendor selection and/or management.
- Car travel represents approximately 25% of time
- 10+ years of loss prevention engineering and fire safety technology experience, knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, and other technical standards, along with commercial coverages, risk evaluation & improvement techniques.
- 5+ years supervisory/management experience or demonstrated leadership and talent development skills.
- College degree in related discipline preferred.
- Experience developing strategic safety management programs and quality assurance procedures.
- Proven ability to lead change initiatives within Safety Management.
- Experience in multi-regional operations and exposures.
- Excellent collaborative, communication, presentation, and training skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet.
- Must have valid state-issued driver's license in good standing.