Vice President Operations
Tim Lewis Communities
Roseville, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Construction
Tim Lewis Communities is a homebuilder with more than 30 years of experience crafting homes of solid value and exceptional appeal for hundreds of satisfied homeowners.
We are currently seeking to hire Vice President of Operations. The VP Operations oversees purchasing, construction, land and customer care departments and provides leadership and direction to the management team. The VP Operations is ultimately responsible for aspects of the operations which may include strategic planning and forecasting, construction, customer care, purchasing, warranty, land development and other aspects of the business. The position is responsible for ensuring that these functions are led in a way that maximizes company profits and aligns with the company's culture and values while building a team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Manage Construction Managers and Assistant Construction Managers at multiple job sites.
- Developing, implementing, and achieving the strategic and annual operating plans of the purchasing, construction, land and customer care departments
- Monitors relevant changes in the marketplace and works to continuously position operations to take advantage of opportunities
- Accountable for maximizing profits through approval of the business plan, and setting procedures and monitoring to achieve forecasted goals
- Interview and hire, train, motivate, and manage the department's management team in executing the agreed upon plans and objectives of the company
· Directly manages 4 Directors with approximately 30 indirect reports
- Develop, implement, and manage customer satisfaction and quality programs to continually improve buyer acceptance and satisfaction ratings for the company
- Monitor construction team relationships and management of trade partners, ensuring a high level of communication and accountability.
- Review buyer satisfaction surveys, analyze for trends and implement solutions that improve customer satisfaction scores and respond to reduce homeowner issues.
- Drive value-engineering efforts to ensure the most cost-effective product. Provide recommendations to reduce costs and work
- Collaborates with other members of management in the creation of product, bringing an in-depth understanding of the division's markets, up-to-date consumer preferences and the competition to the discussion
- Develops an external, local network to ensure continuous success of the Company's strategic plan relative to the local market
- Oversee implementation of operations software, technology advances and efficiencies in each department
- Cultivate and enhance company culture.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree, preferably in construction or related field
- Eight (8) years strategic operations management experience in homebuilding
- Eight (8) years experience leading teams in homebuilding operations
- Five (5) years leadership experience with multi-department management.
- Five (5) years field construction experience including multiple job site management
- Five (5) years residential construction customer service experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of Buildpro and Pharaoh a plus.
- Valid Driver's License.