Trainee Pest Control Technician
Rokill Pest Control Services Ltd
Twickenham, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Trainee Pest Control Technician
Salary: Starting Basic Salary £20,250. OTE in first year with bonus, commission and overtime £23.5K - £26K
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Location: We will consider anyone based within or close to the M25 for this role, the work involves visiting sites throughout West London!
Rokill Limited is one of Britain's leading providers for Pest Control. Operating since 1980 we provide control services to the commercial, domestic and public sectors, dealing effectively with all types of pest and bird problems. We hold the Queen's Royal Warrant for pest control services, are an Investor's in People Company.
New Trainee Technician's join our service team, responsible for carrying out pest control inspection and treatments in commercial, domestic and public premises.
Previous Experience is not required as trainee's will undergo our award-winning training programme that includes a period of time shadowing experienced technicians and team leaders in the field as well as class room based training sessions. After passing our 7 internal training modules, trainees sit the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) Level 2 exam in pest control.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Trainee Pest Control Technician:
* Complete Routine Inspections at contract sites, including pubs, restaurants, hotels, hospitals, office blocks etc
* Provide treatment reports, advising work carried out and recommendations to avoid further pest problems
* Attend emergency call outs for pest infestations
* Maintain diary ensuring all scheduled visits and appointments are completed
* Assist with service work in other areas when necessary
* Complete pest control inspections at local authority properties to the agreed procedure
* Identify new business opportunities and pass on to sales team
* Undertake minor proofing work to restrict pest access
* Complete risk assessments and work to set procedures
* Assist the Bird Control team with cleaning and proofing works
* Maintain stock levels within your vehicle
* Undertake pigeon shoots using a .22 air rifle
* Provide emergency weekend cover according to rota (currently 7 weekends per annum)
* Complete occasional 'filthy and verminous' clearance jobs
The ideal candidate:
* Hold a full driving license with the ability to read and follow a map (we cannot consider applicants without a full licence)
* A comprehensive grasp on the English Language both written and spoken
* An Analytical outlook with problem solving abilities
* A meticulous eye for detail with pride taken in completed work
* Must be confident working at height in confined spaces
Pay and Conditions
* Starting basic salary £20,250, OTE £23.5K - £26K
* Standard working hours are 8.30-5.00, with half an hour lunch
* If more than 10 additional hours are worked in one month (including travel before 8am or after 5.30pm), the extra hours are paid at £12.31 per hour.
* We have a six-point grade structure, with three grades of Senior Technician. Senior technicians can expect OTE £30k +
* We are a service providing company and the role will involve regular overtime to meet our client's needs (the current average is 20 hours per month) and occasional out of hours work.
* Commission is paid on successful sales leads.
* A van is provided for you to work from. If you choose to use this for private use at the weekend a charge of 12p per mile is applied.
* We operate a performance related bonus scheme. The current maximum is £1,500 per annum
* Uniform and Personal Protective Equipment, phone and tablet computer are provided
* You will be paid £16 per month tax free to cover the cost of keeping your van and uniform clean.
* You are paid £15 per day when on call plus the hours you work paid at time and a half
Estimated earnings in first year £23.5K - £26K
If you are looking for a change in direction or have already started your career within this industry then please submit your CV for consideration in the first instance.
For more information on this role, and the company - please visit the Rokill Website