SYSTEM MODELLING & ALGORITHM DEVELOPMENT (SENIOR ENGINEER)
Altran UK Holding Limited
Luton, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Altran is recruiting for a SYSTEM MODELLING & ALGORITHM DEVELOPMENT (SENIOR ENGINEER) in the Luton Area..
* Cutting-Edge: You will be developing state-of-the-art airborne electronic sensor systems for the most advanced fighter aircraft ever to be made.
* Innovative: You will be involved with novel product development and emerging technologies that have been supported by the clients multi-million pound annual investment in research and development.
* Challenging: This project will push the boundaries of innovation, technology, and the ingenuity of our engineering community to bring about a step change in performance and capability of our airborne electronic sensor systems.
* Collaborative: You will be involved in UK-wide collaboration across multiple business areas including, Electronic Warfare, Radar Systems, and Communication Systems.
* Customer-Focused: You will be supporting the future needs of our customer and working closely with them will be vital to ensure that our solutions meet their required future operational capability.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
* Prestige: You can be at the forefront of the provision of a truly significant defence programme.
* Influence: You will be able to apply your knowledge and experience to influence the next generation of sensor and communication systems for a next generation combat aircraft.
* Teamwork: You will work alongside like-minded professional engineers in a highly collaborative environment.
* Continuous Learning: You'll be supported in your ongoing professional development though training and mentoring.
* Connections: You will be joining an expansive team of around 7,000 people at six major sites across the UK.
* Legacy: We are proud of our rich heritage in Electronic Warfare (EW); over 100 years of EW history. Today we're providing the latest advances in radio frequency technology and you can be part of the next 100 year legacy.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Definition of requirements for control of the elements of sensor systems and central processing of sensor data.
* Perform systems functional analysis and refine architectures of complex multi-sensor and controller systems.
* Development of algorithms for data fusion and innovative processing methods.
* Liaise with sensors and communications technical specialist teams to design mechanisms for control of the elements of the System, and interoperability of sub-systems.
* Perform analysis and modelling to demonstrate the effectiveness of algorithms and control mechanisms.
* Technical reporting of key findings and recommendations for delivery to customers and industry partners. Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
You really must have:
* Proficiency in the use of mathematical modelling tools such as MATLAB and Simulink.
* Experience in mathematical modelling of RF, EO / IR sensor and communication systems.
* Strong numerical and analytical ability. Ability to cope with design complexity and uncertainty.
* Knowledge of EW technology, performance, operational capabilities, and use (DAS, EO/IR, Radar, Comms)
* Good written and verbal presentation ability.
* Knowledge of architecture frameworks (e.g. SysML) tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect /Rhapsody) and requirements management methods and tools (e.g. DOORS)