Sybase DBA ( ASE & IQ)
Tata Consultancy Services
Quincy, Massachusetts, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
- Managing RDBMS Databases - Sybase IQ, ASE( v10, .x) and ASA running on Solaris, Linux and Windows.
- Thorough understanding of database software concepts, architecture and best practices.
- Database software installation, upgrades and migrations.
- Oversight of day to day service delivery
- Provide guidance and assistance on major Incident (MI) calls
- Deep dive analysis and Remediate infrastructure environment mismatches (configuration drifts ) between production, high availability, and disaster recovery environments
- Perform database performance analysis
- Business continuity planning and DR test collaboration
- Perform change control review and assist in planning as needed
- Develop annual lifecycle plan and set pace and schedule
- Manage large scale patching
- Perform capacity analysis; participation in strategic planning based upon capacity forecasts
- Participate with Solutions and Architecture for new services
- Maintaining currency of domain knowledge
- Keep Procedures Manual up to date
- Analyze operating system, network, and database, software application logs to troubleshoot application slowness issues and provide production support.
- Responsible for configuration, monitoring, performance tuning of software-engineered applications, backup & recovery of the databases.
- Analyze, debug and troubleshoot software application performance issues and develop solutions
- Write and test UNIX shell scripts, PowerShell and SQL scripts for software application/database monitoring and troubleshooting.