Support Worker - School based
Randstad Education 55.00 British Pound . GBP Per day
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, United Kingdom
Job type: temporary
Job industry: Education
Did you know that Randstad Education are a preferred supplier for all schools in North Wales?
Would you like to earn £300 per week working 30 hours per week with full training provided? Are you looking for a career change and want to find work in the Education sector?
We are currently working with a secondary school in Ellesmere Port who are looking for an individual who thrives under pressure, loves to challenge themselves and who can be a perfect role model for pupils who are going down the wrong path.
The school in question are in search for a School Support Mentor to work with children who have challenging behaviours and social/emotional difficulties.
This role will be challenging but highly rewarding seeing the difference you are making to these young peoples lives.
You will work onsite and offsite as both a teaching assistant and sports/activity coordinator.
Furthermore the role requires that you can motivate and encourage the pupils to want to learn and want to progress their education, giving them a better chance in the future.
- Competitive pay rates to match your scale & current market rate
- A dedicated consultant to offer you full ongoing support in your new role
- Continual Professional Development can be offered on a variety of school related topics
Responsibilities will include:
- Promote a positive and safe learning environment
- Support pupils both inside and outside of the classroom
- Support pupils with their emotional well-being
- Manage behaviour in line with the school's behaviour policy
- Working proactively with other team members
The ideal candidate for this role will be required to:
- Experience of working with children is desirable but not essential
- Have transferable experience from care/nursing background (if no classroom experience)
- Feel confident to work children and support their needs
- Have a valid DBS (we can facilitate a new DBS application)
The school offer a positive, friendly and supportive working environment to all of their employees as this is as an integral part to their success.
They are looking for someone to come in and really impress from the off, showing a genuine desire to help