Supplier Quality Engineer
Troy, Michigan, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
Go further, faster and be #StrongerTogether! We are more successful together. This is why you have the opportunity to become a star in our team.
Our passion makes us a leading international development partner and supplier to the automotive industry as well as a pioneer for the mobility of the future. Our product portfolio addresses all crucial issues related to powertrain and air conditioning technology - both for e-mobility and vehicles with combustion engines. Today, more than 77,000 employees work on innovative products throughout 160 production locations and 16 major development centers. Our goal is to shape the mobility of tomorrow - let's be #StrongerTogether. Join our team MAHLE.
Your Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including program management, product design, purchasing and logistics; and participate in design review, risk assessment, and technical review meetings with suppliers.
- Support purchasing and launch team in the sourcing process and contribute to improve quality, delivery, and cost.
- Lead and support Suppliers APQP and PPAP activities for purchased components within the development projects to ensure on-time and flawless launch.
- Conduct on-site assessment and process audit (VDA 6.3) to verify the effectiveness of process and product control methods, Run at Rate and production readiness.
- Lead problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances.
Your Skills & Strengths
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering; Mechanical or Industrial or Manufacturing
- 3+ years previous experience in supplier quality or quality engineering (automotive preferred)VDA 6.3 - Certified Process Auditors are preferred.
- Stamping process experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of APQP/PPAP, Process Control Plan, SPC, GD&T, Corrective Actions Processes; ability to interpret and comprehend complex drawings, PFMEA, GR&R, working knowledge of TS16949 and ISO 9001:2000 methodologies
- Hands on mentality with a proactive approach to identify and avoid problems in an early stage.
- Experience in root cause analysis and problem solving methods.
- Solid organizational and project management skills and demonstrated effectiveness to lead and collaborate with cross-functional/global teams.
- Strong drive to complete assignments within program timing in order to ensure a flawless serial production launch.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and data base systems
In addition to work in a great team, we encourage you to reach your personal potential and through outstanding learning and development opportunities. Exciting assignments and personalized support for your career are available to you.