Sr. Cost Analyst
Trend Offset Printing
Los Alamitos, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
The Sr. Cost Analyst role will oversee the North America Cost Analyst Team. This role will work heavily with Operations, Plant Manufacturing, Finance, and Costing. The role will report up to the North America Controller.
The position will be responsible for the overall cost analyst structure for the North American business. The position will help lead and drive consistency, efficiencies & standardization across the network plants. This position will also be responsible for ensuring cost methodologies are being followed appropriately and the Cost Team is providing in-depth analysis through collecting, analyzing plant related company costs.
Success in this role will be determined by the ability to lead a team and transform the department's processes and systems that can aggregate, interpret and disseminate accurate information to costing as well as key components of operational functions in a timely and cost effective manner. Further, the person in the role needs to be able to analyze historical trends and cost methodologies to identify, communicate and help implement data driven recommendations to improve business performance. The Sr. Cost Analyst Manager should use analytical and abstract reasoning skills to synthesize complex and detailed data and information into meaningful insights.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
· High level of GAAP knowledge, core concepts
· 10+ years of applicable costing and analytical experience
· Strong leadership and process oriented
· Strong inventory costing background
· Ability to connect the bigger picture to day to day operations of the organization.
· Proven ability to synthesize complex and detailed data into meaningful insights.
· Strong understanding of using a standard costing system
· Advanced Excel skills
· Directs the functions and the preparation of reports, analyses, etc.
· Overseeing a team of four to five employees
· Stays abreast of Corporate and regulatory changes and ensures continual compliance
· Works with the accounting and finance senior management team to plan, design and implement and communicate a full range of costing/analyst policies and activities that affect financial plant results
· Drives standardization across the manufacturing network as it pertains to financial data inputs, recording and calculations
· Works heavily with the NA Manufacturing Controller/NA Retail Controller to ensure proper application of cost accounting principles and procedures network wide.
· Ensures SOX controls are operating effectively at each quarter-end
· Oversees projects within the department that will drive automation and standardization
· Providing effective leadership to direct reports to improve their performance and directing their career development;
· Assists with the development and onboarding process as it pertains to incoming plant accountants at the 8 plant locations network wide.
Support month-end closing and ad-hoc reporting and analysis to drive the business: (35%)
· Assist plants in bridging periods, identifying inconsistencies, errors, inefficiencies
· Support leadership with analysis and modelling as needed to support target achievements.
· Reviews plant financials and trends to explain variances to ensure consistency with costing methodologies adopted as well as regulatory compliance
· Reviews cost allocations to ensure adherence to company policy and procedures
· Assist with digging into cost variances to ensure business meets cost objectives.
· Partners with Finance Teams to help ensure forecasting models are accurate and aligns with actuals methodologies