Sr. Analyst, Finance \u0026 Procurement
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
Location: Boston, US
Reports: Associate Director, Procurement
Orchard Therapeutics is a fully integrated commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to transforming the lives of patients with serious and life-threatening rare disease through innovative gene therapies.
Orchard currently has offices in the U.K. and the U.S., including London, San Francisco and Boston
The Senior Analyst, Finance & Procurement will provide financial support, analysis and consultation for both Financial Planning and Analysis as well as the Procurement organizations globally within Orchard Therapeutics.
The successful candidate will have an extensive financial analysis background and experience supporting Finance leadership and other Functions in financial modeling, analysis and reporting. They will partner with various stakeholders to draw out business insights to drive sound decision-making. Additionally, the successful candidate will partner closely with Procurement to help identify 3rd party spend savings opportunities and support supplier relationship management activities.
The ideal candidate should have:
A passion for working in a purpose-driven and patient-centric organization. A positive, "can-do" attitude along with a strong work ethic and adaptability to effectively operate in an entrepreneurial, dynamic and rapid growth environment. The candidate should be comfortable liaising with all levels of management and collaborating effectively with a diverse set of functional experts.
This role is based in the Boston offices of Orchard Therapeutics. Some travel to offices in California and Europe may be required.
- Interact/collaborate with various business partners and stakeholders to ensure appropriate/timely progression of routine work and projects
- Aggregate and analyze 3rd party spend data
- Develop complex contract manufacturing and other supplier related financial models
- Liaise between Procurement, Finance and Budget Owners to track and report project savings and other Procurement metrics
- Deliver routine financial reporting and associated business insight to drive sound financial and strategic decision-making
- Support development of the annual operating plan and the long-range plan
- Have working knowledge of Accounting practices including revenue recognition, gross-to-net, external clinical trial accruals, milestones, etc.
- Minimum 2 years in financial analysis roles
- Experience providing support to functions outside of Finance
- Experience working in a matrixed, global environment
- Experience working for a multi-national biopharmaceutical or healthcare company preferred
- Strong English language skills (reading and written)
- Strong computer literacy is essential, particularly across all Microsoft Office packages and Oracle systems
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting (or other relevant field), MBA or advanced degree preferred
Orchard Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Notice to All Applicants: Orchard Therapeutics participates in E-Verify
All employment offers and CV's are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at Orchard Therapeutics requests that recruiters are not to contact Orchard Therapeutics employees directly to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Orchard Therapeutics. Orchard Therapeutics will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Orchard Therapeutics.