Sr. Analyst, Corporate Development
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
Your Future at Rockwell Automation:
Join the leading Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) team of the leading Industrial Automation Company. Help develop and be part of the new chapter of this Fortune 500 Company with over 110 years of performance excellence history. Automation has changed more in the last 20 years than in the previous 100 and we are having fun as part of the change. As that pace keeps accelerating, we are focusing our inorganic growth in new innovation, new technology, new business models that will make the world more productive and sustainable.
To make our vision a reality, we are seeking a professional with a proven track record in deal-making, project management, business valuation, strategic planning and financial acumen. The successful applicant will be driven, detail-oriented with strong relationship-building skill.
This job provides a unique opportunity to be in the center of the company's growth strategy as well as tremendous visibility to the leadership team. This job requires interaction internally and externally, with an extremely diverse group, including internal business unit leadership, functional leadership, internal and external legal counsel advisors, target companies, bankers, and business brokers.
The Sr. Analyst of Corporate Development provides support in identifying and evaluating M&A opportunities, completing valuation estimates, conducting industry research, building target pipelines, conducting competitive analysis, managing all phases of transaction execution, and working with business leaders to develop inorganic growth strategies, among other corporate development activities on a global basis. This person will work directly with business leaders and functional leaders within the company as well as target companies, external legal advisors, bankers, and other parties in the broader M&A ecosystem.
- Coordinate and execute the merger, acquisition and divesture activities including pipeline building, due diligence, negotiation, and integration
- Build financial models and perform valuation including DCF, comparable public companies and precedent comparable transactions
- Work with legal team to complete and help design key terms of legal agreements
- Assist in the development of growth strategy and business case development by working with Global Business Development and BU leads
- Conduct company profiling, competitive/industry benchmarking, competitive intelligence and market analysis related to competitive and complementary merger, acquisition, divestiture and strategic partnering activities
- Manage on-going acquisition opportunity vetting process and reporting
- Manage quarterly acquisition reviews, historical acquisition performance tracking and monthly pipeline reporting
- Support the development, preparation, and finalization of presentations submitted to the Board of Directors on behalf of Corporate Development
- Drive the M&A process improvement activities, including development of standardized tools and processes and education of stakeholders
- Monitor M&A activities of key competitors and market players as well as general M&A market including multiple trending, deal volume and value, etc.
- Other administrative support including virtual data room management, 3rd party database contract management, and NDA process
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in finance or accounting.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Project Management experience
- Experience building strong relationships with other business units and functional areas
- Superior analytical, quantitative and critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Self-initiative to continually expand knowledge, and process improve own activities and duties
- Prior investment banking, private equity or similar experience desirable
- Impeccable, exceptional attention to detail
- Basic understanding of deal and tax structuring implications
- Demonstrated knowledge of mergers and acquisitions
- Experience in business development or corporate development preferred
- SAP, Hyperion and HFM experience a plus
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.