Sports Coach - Bournemouth
Prospero Teaching 75.00 British Pound . GBP Per day
Bournemouth, Dorset, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Education
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Behaviour Specialist/Sports Coach for a BESD (Behavioural, Emotional, and Social Disorder) school based in the Bournemouth area. This SEND specialist job is due to start on ASAP on temporary basis with potential to become permanent
This will be ideal for individuals who enjoy working with children with challenging behaviour. 1:1 teaching assistant positions are usually full-time and longer-term and involve building strong relationships with a single pupil with special educational needs.
We welcome applicants with the relevant sports experience and qualifications to work as a Sports Coach, which includes applicants with sports coaching and sports degrees. This is a split role working as a Behaviour Teaching Assistant (Mornings) and Sports Coach (Afternoons)
* Location - Poole, Dorset
* Position - Behaviour Specialist/Sports Coach
* Type of work - Behaviour Teaching Assistant/Coaching
* Contract or position start date - ASAP
* Duration / Likely Duration - 2 terms until end of the Academic year July 2020
* Contract or position end date (if applicable) - July 2020
* Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) - Temporary
* Full time/part time - Full time
* Minimum rate of pay - £65
* Hours - 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Drive and determination for pupil development while maintaining high expectations of achievement.
* Empathy and caring nature while dealing with sensitive scenarios.
* Be able to communicate effectively with staff, pupils and parents.
* Show adaptability and pro-activeness while under pressure.
* Be confident to develop pupils socially, emotionally and behaviorally.
* Experience working in a BESD environment along with a strong knowledge of SEND requirements.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
* Hold Right to Work in the UK
* Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
* Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
* Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
* In-house Training and Development Team
If you know someone who would be interested in this or other positions check out our Refer a Friend scheme