Splunk Engineer (Infrastructure)
Linthicum Heights, Maryland, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Job Title: Splunk Engineer (Infrastructure)
Work Location: Linthicum,Maryland
Client : State Govt of MD
Duration: Long Term
Interview: Skype Video Call and F2F .
- Provide leadership for all design, implementation, and maintenance activities related to Splunk Enterprise Security.
- Create, optimize, and continuously evaluate security monitoring content (correlation searches/alerts) on Splunk and define and update dashboards, reports and alerts.
- Design and create new detection techniques and improve existing ones.
- Identify gaps in existing security capabilities. Recommend and assist in technology evaluations and implementations to close the gaps.
- Design and implement Amazon Web Services monitoring solution. This role will serve as the Amazon Web Services subject matter expert for the monitoring team.
- Plan and lead large security projects and initiatives. Work with all areas of information services, business units, and other partners on enterprise scale projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for the management, advanced configuration, monitoring, and log analysis, and fine tuning of Splunk.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Experience with Splunk, network security, system security, and supporting Security Information and Event Management (SIEM).
- At least 5 years of experience with Splunk on-premise and/or Splunk cloud (configurations, advanced configurations, implementations, upgrades, dashboarding, analytics, monitoring, alerting,).
- At least 3 years hands-on experience implementing, administrating and operating information security technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, Antivirus.
- At least 3 years of Splunk ES or other SIEM solutions, experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining a fully operating SIEM solution.
- At least 3 years of experience in installing, configuring and administering Splunk Enterprise solution and Splunk Universal Forwarder, Splunk Heavy Forwarder in large distributed environment.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services platform capabilities and best practices architectures, and engineering solutions within multiple Cloud accounts and services.
Experience working in Amazon Web Services via the CLI and management console.- provided by Dice