New York, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
As a Solution Engineer, you are responsible for defining and designing the architecture for new client initiatives. You lead workshops with clients, and work closely with colleagues from Customer Success and beyond to ensure client satisfaction with proposed solutions. You take user experience, system performance, the Appway product itself, and many other aspects into consideration when identifying the best technical solution to the set of complex requirements you are presented with. You have a solid engineering background, as well as the capacity to adapt swiftly to different business contexts. You are able to rapidly pick up clients vocabulary, and quickly understand their goals.
In this role you will become an expert in Appway, helping clients and fellow Appway developers solve intricate and challenging technical matters. As part of your job, you provide coaching and run troubleshooting sessions with clients and colleagues when a more in-depth understanding of the product is required. These sessions will often result in you needing to build prototypes or client-specific custom modules: the ability to execute hands-on assignments is therefore a must.
You will create collaterals and best practice guidelines based on your day-to-day experience with Appway. You will feed the Appway R&D department feature requests, bug reports, and ideas to help us improve the product, and steer the roadmap even closer to market needs.Are you the perfect fit for Appway?
- You have a positive, can-do attitude and are dedicated to continuous improvement
- You are a fast learner, passionate about technology and software, and always looking forward to learn about new paradigms and techniques
- You are a great problem solver, able to analyze multiple options and pick the most suitable path
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills and do not shy away from customer interaction. You can present complex solutions within a customer-facing environment, using a communication style appropriate to the audience.
- You are organized, able to handle multiple assignments efficiently, and not fazed by rapid context-switching
- You like working on short-term assignments at short notice, rather than being involved in the same initiative for a longer timeframe
- You are ready and willing to support colleagues and clients in removing any roadblocks they are experiencing
- Master's degree or PhD in software engineering, or equivalent
- Excellent academic record or professional certifications that demonstrate your ability to learn quickly
- 2+ years of experience in a hands-on, deeply technical, software development role
- 1+ years of experience as a software architect, with responsibility for designing the architecture for at least one project
- Experience in at least one large enterprise software architecture project, where scalability, security, and data integrity topics were relevant concerns
- Experience in developing at least one three-tier Web Application, and a good understanding of the technologies belonging to all three tiers
- Demonstrable proficiency in core programming languages (Java is preferred)
- Good knowledge of database technologies, including SQL language proficiency
- Demonstrable experience with various integration protocols, including different kinds of Web Service frameworks
- Fluent in English