Burlingame, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
We are looking for a Software Engineer to work on our enterprise video delivery platform, build features, design and implement API methods, and improve the performance of our systems as we rapidly scale our products.
This is a full-time engineering position based in San Francisco Bay Area, California.
What you will be doing
- You will be building the server components for our enterprise video delivery platform, for on-premise, cloud, and hybrid solutions. Almost all of the projects start with design, proof-of-concepts and then build for production, using continuous delivery of high-quality code and solutions.
- You'll be taking the lead in the implementation of new features and fixes, including requirements gathering, design, development and test, and hold yourself accountable for the success of your projects.
- Your emphasis will be on building performant, scalable, reliable, low-level & system components and (micro)services using techniques such as multi-threading, databases, network stacks, and video processing.
- You will work with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, developers, and quality engineers, promoting transparency and collaboration beween groups and locations. At times, communication with end cutomers may be required.
- You will oversee the technical work of programmers and other engineering personnel, mentor junior team members, thoughfully seeking the optimal solution for every action.
Role expectations and learning opportunities
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience. Master's degree preferred.
- You have been building applications professionally for 3+ years using Java, preferably in enterprise context, and using Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, RESTful Web Services, Linux, and HTML5.
- C/C++ experience a bonus.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Kafka or Elastic Search is desired.
- You have experience in tracing and debugging down to the network level.
- This role will require creative problem solving and strong communication skills to work with different teams and stakeholders. Demonstratable record of innovation and accountability is required.
- You can write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Background in the following areas is desired and will be part of the job activities and potential career growth: video & digital media, media streaming protocols and network delivery, monitoring and network management protocols, such as TCP, UDP, RTP, RTMP, SIP, H.264, HLS, MPEG-DASH.