Software Developer in Test (MacOS & Linux)
Interactive Resources LLC
Irvine, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
This is a 6-month contract with possibility of extensions.
- Collaborate with team members to develop advanced frameworks/tools for test automation.
- Write automated test cases using Python to ensure regressions do not occur with new releases
- Write and execute test plans, test cases from user stories, workflows and specifications.
- Be responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses.
- Work productively and effectively with minimal oversight. Proactively identify and communicate issues as they arise.
- Contribute to process improvement while establishing best practices for testing
- Utilize advanced debugging and troubleshooting skills on a regular basis. Learn and develop new skills quickly as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years minimum related experience in software testing
- Bachelor s or high-level degree preferred; relevant experience can be substituted for educational degree
- Proven and demonstrated experience of programming with Python, C#, Bash, Perl
- Proven and demonstrated experience with MacOS/Linux platforms
- Experience designing and building frameworks to automate functional & performance testing
- Experience working with black-box and white-box testing methodologies
- Strong software design debugging and testing skills
- Working knowledge on tools like Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Jira
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter who can get work done with minimal supervision
Would be a plus, if:
- Working knowledge on Hypervisors (VMWare, Citrix) / AWS / Azure
- Experience integrating test frameworks with Jenkins
- Senior knowledge of sustaining engineering and applicable skill sets