Senior IT Product Manager
Request Technology - Anthony Honquest
salary: 175000.00 US Dollar . USD Annual
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Job Contact: Anthony Honquest
Senior IT Product Manager
A Senior IT Product Manager of practice-facing off the shelf platforms must be experienced in working effectively with mid to senior level leadership and vendors. This individual will be working directly with attorneys and legal staff, senior staff and general business users. This individual will need to effectively understand attorney practice use cases to configure and optimize bespoke off the shelf platforms that improve an attorney's ability to handle a specific task or set of tasks relevant to their practice. This individual will function as the product owner for specific hybrid off the shelf platforms that require relationship management, business analysis, testing and collaboration with technical teams to achieve optimal results. This individual needs to be experienced in working effectively with IT developers, architects and external vendors in advocating on behalf of end users and communicating business needs. The IT Product Manager must have a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience applying business systems analysis and business process management principles at different levels of an organization within an iterative and phased approach for a driven information technology environment.
The role of the Senior IT Product Manager is to focus on the optimal configuration of cutting edge' off the shelf platforms that are attorney-facing. This positon, is both strategic and tactical, allowing the right individual to build, manage and maintain the relationships with Knowledge Management Partners, and practicing attorneys alike by actively listening to and addressing their needs with quick, focused turn-around and longer term planning with our vendor(s) and internal teams for our off the shelf platforms. This position allows a person to further hone and maintain technology skills while operating first and foremost as a business/practice-driven IT driver.The role requires very strong interpersonal skills, in both verbal and written form as well as strong organizational skills.
- Following up daily on Packaged Solution Platform Products working with practitioners, internal engineers and vendors on both active and backlog items.
- Managing vendor to maintain a product backlog, partner with the vendor and hold the vendor accountable to meeting key requirements and service level agreements, where applicable.
- Gathering Requirements for new platform needs. This includes entry into our ITSM (incident and problem management) tool(s) when necessary. Documentation is critical.
- Building and executing test plans to validate that all is working to Firm standards.
- Reviewing and monitoring of application contracts, as well as, negotiating and working on renewals.
- Liaising with practicing attorneys, knowledge manager partners and other business owners to ensure the respective use of the off the shelf platforms meet desired expectations and complies to Firm Policies.
- Gain complete understanding of products to communicate new ideas to vendors and to gain support in user community on product, future ideas and most effective usage for product
- Ability to gather additional requirements from business partners for potential new products.
- Build relationships within Knowledge Management and across the Firm to ensure to get the best solutions and answers.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Required experience: 10+ years with a background in consulting, product management, business analysis and process design.
- Bachelor degree is required, Masters in a related field, J.D. with prior practice experience is a significant plus
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint,)
- Proficiency with Visio diagrams and decision trees
- Eclipse PM Software a plus; JIRA issue management software a plus
- Document Management System (DMS)