Senior Instrumentation Engineer
Beaumont, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
Position Title: Senior Instrumentation Engineer
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Beaumont, TX USA
NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the energy industry. Our client, a Specialty Chemicals Operator, has a permanent opportunity for a Sr. Instrumentation Engineer to be based in Beaumont, TX.
The Senior Instrumentation Engineer will be responsible for establishing the reliability of instrument assets at optimal cost. They will develop and implement comprehensive Reliability Centered Maintenance strategy through actions that support achievement of plant goals, objectives, and key performance metrics. He or she recognizes and acts on opportunities to ensure and/or improve safe, reliable, and cost-efficient plant operations.
This role requires diverse knowledge and experience in maintenance, engineering, proactive maintenance system development, and project management.
The position will help develop a reliability strategy that includes: long/short term objectives, reliability engineering, instrument integrity management interaction (PSM), predictive & preventive maintenance plans and strategies, input/guidance on budget & cost control (OPEX / CAPEX), directing maintenance & contractor activity oversight (repair/overhaul), contractor strategy & performance input, spare parts recommendations, equipment data management, and mentorship to employees concerning equipment reliability.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and competencies.
- Develop plant equipment reliability procedures that focus on employee safety guided by equipment industry best practice.
- Provides input on work prioritization of plant equipment repairs to meet site objectives and goals.
- Provide leadership and support to ensure Instrument Integrity program is in compliance with OSHA requirements and Company policies.
- Provide instrument technical support to Engineering, Maintenance, Operations, Inspection, Process and Project personnel regarding selection, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and long-term reliability of plant equipment.
- Support to area(s) including: PM/PDM programs, maintenance benchmarking activities, and implement and share Strategic Maintenance Performance Metrics to improve cost productivity, plant reliability, and achieve "World Class" maintenance excellence.
- Lead document reviews, performance testing and shop inspections for instrument equipment.
- Lead team effort for the continuous improvement of equipment reliability through the development and application of effective reliability strategies such as: risk-based maintenance strategies, identification & assessment of risks, root cause and bad actor analysis, and spare parts reviews.
- Participate on pre-commissioning and commissioning activities that includes witnessing equipment installation for capital projects.
- Provide team input on the final check-out of new installations. This includes factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications.
- Lead RCA/RCFA investigations on premature equipment failures as needed.
- Lead team equipment capabilities to partner with equipment vendors and repair shops to resolve technical issues or complex equipment repairs.
- Support for development and implementation of effective programs for training employees.
- Work with maintenance and procurement teams to develop contact list and relationships for turnaround contractors and repair facilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Instrument, Controls or Electrical Engineering required.
- Minimum ten (10) years related experience required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years' experience in a process plant environment required.
- Working knowledge of industry codes and standards (IEC, NFPA, ANSI, IEEE, NEMA, etc.) required.
- Experience in specifying, installing, testing and commissioning of various instrument equipment (eg. flow, level, temperature, pressure, density, conductivity, pH)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.