Senior Firmware Engineer
Mequon, Wisconsin, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
This position requires experience in embedded firmware. The role will require a proven ability to work with firmware teams to modify, redesign, document, and test existing products.
- Work with firmware, hardware, development, test, support, marketing, and manufacturing teams to reproduce, diagnose, and resolve anomalies, implement features, code review, document, and test existing product firmware
- Create, update and review documents, designs, code, and user documentation
- Use proven firmware design techniques, procedures and criteria in accordance with the company's quality guidelines
- Works effectively both independently and in a team environment to deliver solutions
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 + years of embedded real-time firmware development using C and Assembly
- Proven ability to analyze, reverse engineer, and solve complex problems in firmware
- Academic major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronics or equivalent
- Experience with industrial protocols (Ethernet TCP/IP)
- Experience with embedded firmware development tools, including the capability to debug, step through code and perform traces
- Experience with various Microprocessors and Microcontrollers (PowerPC, ARM, PIC, Intel, Renesas, TI)
- Experience in reading schematics, extracting firmware interface information, and understanding of basic electrical circuit
- Experience with firmware development process (version control, use case, requirements, design, coding, and unit test)
- Experience with various compilers and debuggers, both new and old (TI Code Composer, Freescale Code warrior, Cosmic Compiler)
- Experience in industrial control systems is a great advantage
- Experience with VMware, Python, Team City, Artifactory, Configuration tools (Git, ClearCase, ClearQuest, DOORs, Version One, Jazz, Kanban) and documentation (Functional, Design)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Mequon - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.