Senior Ecologist - Cheshire
Chester, Cheshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Primary Industry
Our Client, an Ecological Consultancy with a reputation for professional excellence and for delivering consultancy services to the highest of standards on projects of all scales across the UK. They are now seeking an experienced Senior Ecologist to join their team based in Cheshire
As a Senior Ecologist you will lead on projects and also work as part of a larger project team providing ecological advice across a range of sectors including renewables, infrastructure, minerals and large scale commercial developments. You will work closely with their clients, providing clear advice and robust documentation including ecological impact assessments, biodiversity management plans, mitigation, monitoring and protected species licences. Liaison with planning authorities, regulators and stakeholders is a key part of the role, which provides excellent opportunities to further develop your project management and problem solving skills. You will also supervise junior ecologists and sub-consultants and manage project budgets.
Key requirements are:
- Experience in wind farm projects, including writing Environmental Statements, in particular Scottish sites and ornithology, is advantageous but not essential.
- Strong experience of field ecology, survey techniques and of carrying out surveys as part of infrastructure design or construction.
- A clear understanding of relevant UK environmental / ecological policy and legislation.- Demonstrable ability to provide clear, succinct and robust technical reports, including Ecological Impact Assessments and Technical Appendices.
- Experience in consultancy; advising clients on ecological constraints and solutions for their projects, mitigation design and liaising with regulators and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Survey and/or development licences (GCN, bats or dormice) would be advantageous but not essential.
You will be a flexible, diligent and pro-active person who is motivated to work either alone or as part of a team to consistently high standards.
Candidates will have a relevant degree or demonstrable background experience and preferably be a CIEEM member. A full clean drivers' licence is essential.
At least two years' consultancy experience is required and this role will suit someone ready to move up in their career and work towards managing complex projects.
On offer is a full time permanent role in a friendly, dynamic and flexible working environment, where they support and encourage professional development and training. Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience