Probity Education Recruitment Ltd
Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Education
SENDCo - Director of Pupil Progress - Full time & Permanent
School Type: Mainstream Independent - 11-18 years
Gender: All Girls
Salary: Independent school salary - discussed at interview
Probity Education Recruitment is seeking a Director of Pupil Progress (SENDCo). This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the leading girls' independent boarding schools in the country, where our client pride ourselves on offering a supportive, enriching and creative environment for their girls.
In this high-profile role, the Director of Pupil Progress will be a key member of the Academic Team with specific responsibility for leading and shaping creative and effective support provision and maximising learning opportunities.
In this role, you will provide strategic direction and development for the support for girls including those with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), those who are More Able (MA) and those for whom English is an additional language (EAL).
The majority of pupils supported by the Learning Skills Department have a mild Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD). You will lead a committed and experienced team and be responsible for managing the provision of day-to-day SEND, EAL and MA support and also take the role as SENDCo for the School.
To be successful, you will need to be a qualified leading practitioner in an SEN specialism and hold a SENDCo qualification. You will also need to be a confident Manager and able to lead and promote the Department. In addition, you will be working in a busy and thriving Boarding School where everyone is encouraged to get fully involved with the life of the School.
Location - Easy drive from London, Easy access to the M4 Motorway, Heathrow Airport and convenient rail links.
* A DFE recognised teaching qualification
* National award for SEN coordination
* A successful primary practitioner, with experience of working within at least one primary school
* Have experience of being an effective SENCo or Inclusion Manager
* Have a good knowledge and understanding of the factors that lead to improvement in achievement levels for individuals with SEN and of best practice in special educational needs teaching
* Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing with children, parents, colleagues, governors and other agencies as necessary
* Be reliable, trustworthy and have integrity
If this sounds like an opportunity for you. Please contact Charlotte at Probity Education Recruitment today!
Probity Education Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts