Security Specialist - 3rd Shift
Bristol, Connecticut, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
The Global Security & Safety department is responsible for ensuring the safety, security and well-being of all ESPN human resources, guests and assets. In addition, the department provides security and safety services for all ESPN owned and leased facilities and ESPN remote events worldwide.
- Greet, screen, and direct all visitors following the established procedures.
- Enforce company security and parking policies consistently and fairly.
- Monitor company property, identify and report safety and security hazards.
- Secure property as directed.
- Completes and issues hot work permits.
- Conducts inspections per hot work permit processes to preserve safety at ESPN facilities.
- Conducts fire watch assignments in designated hot work areas.
- Provide appropriate general information to visitors and employees.
- Perform general security system checks.
- Perform access control duties at high traffic exterior posts in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform vehicle inspections in accordance with established inspection protocols.
- Monitor fire alarm control panel and interpret alarm indicators for emergency type and location. Rapidly reposition to location of possible emergency and assess, determine and respond within a three (3) minute timeframe from initial alarm.
- Assist with scheduling maintenance for fleet vehicles.
- May respond to medical, fire, security, and other safety-related emergencies and incidents as trained and write comprehensive reports following established procedures.
- Might be asked to provide security presence at special events (on or off-campus).
- In some instances, you may be asked to establish barricades, operate gates, and generally direct vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- You may be asked to complete special assignments as required.
- Accurately create work orders documenting requestor's name, location, type of service needed.
- Identify craft on all routine requests
- Create work orders and dispatch maintenance personnel to the correct location of requested work orders.
- Assist in the distribution and tracking of related departmental keys.
- Monitor handheld radio channels for HVAC, Electrical, Maintenance, Construction and Safety to facilitate communication between groups.
- Receive and process all requests for facilities services through phone calls or email and radio.
- Monitor main company external phone line and direct incoming telephone calls as appropriate.
- Must possess and maintain a Driver's License valid in the state of Connecticut.
- Minimum of one year of customer service or related experience.
- Possess a DMV Class F Public Passenger Endorsement on Connecticut Driver's License or apply for a Class F endorsement within 30 days of employment.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check, DMV check, and urinalysis drug screen.
- Must currently possess and maintain a valid CT Guard certification or be able to attain a valid CT Guard certification within two weeks of employment.
- Must have the flexibility to work varying schedules (hours and days off) and work overtime as approved.
- Must have the ability to perform basic work tasks on computers, including using MS Outlook email and Word.
- Maintain a professional presence in image and interactions at all times.
- Must complete required hot work permit training.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Minimum of two years security or law enforcement experience.
- Superior writing ability and command of basic English grammar.
- Strong leadership, judgment and decision making skills.
- Clear teamwork focus.
- Highly adaptable with the ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Ability to perform tasks independently within established guidelines.
- Ability to operate company transportation, including fleet and gem cart vehicles.
- Able to take command and diplomatically control difficult situations.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in Facilities Management or similar field handling service requests.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent