Security Service Technician
Wittenbach Business Systems
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
Wittenbach Business Systems specializes in strategic partnerships with financial institutions delivering state of the art money processing and security solutions. The driving force behind our growth is a commitment to listen to our clients and quickly deliver the right solutions to make them successful. ()
Founded in 1974 with headquarters in Sparks, Maryland and a regional center in Charlotte, NC. Wittenbach has grown and contributed to our community for over 45 years and is one of the largest independent sales and service organization for financial equipment in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions. Wittenbach represents market leading manufacturers (including Hyosung, Hamilton Safe, Glory) whose products enable delivery of industry leading solutions offering performance, reliability, ease of use, and lowest cost of ownership for our customers.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Security Service Technician. This position will service equipment specific to financial institutions including: Safes, locks, alarm, video, access control, remotes and CCTV. The Service Technician's responsibility is to respond to, diagnose and resolve field service issues. They are required to demonstrate competency, troubleshoot and repair electronic equipment, as well as installation of new electronic equipment and components when necessary.
Due to the nature of WBS' business, all qualified candidates will be subject to a drug, criminal background and driver's pre-employment screening.
We offer a competitive salary & complete benefits package.
- Valid drivers license.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Strong base of mechanical aptitude.
- The person successful in this position is a self-starter, can work independently and must be able to problem solve and provide solutions.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Vocational/Technical Degree in electrical, security or computer systems preferred
· Minimum of 2 years experience installing or servicing electronic security systems.
· Experience with Verex and DMP alarm and access systems and Verint and March Digital video systems is a plus.