Sample Technician I-1
Lawrence, Massachusetts, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
- Work collaboratively with prototype shop teammates, developers, purchasing staff, and pattern engineers and to ensure high quality, on-time execution of prototypes.
- Perform a variety of tasks within the prototype shop including, but not limited to: setting up and printing new jobs, picking materials, cutting materials, prefitting, computer stitching, closing, assembling, finishing, and inspecting.
- Identify and document any potential problems that may affect production or prototype requirements, including: materials, patterns, embroidery programming, stitching, lasting and assembly procedures. Utilize shop management software system to capture all notes pertaining to prototype production
- Work in conjunction with development training lead to create JBS and identify potential ergonomic or safety issues.
- Provide input to industrial engineer to help refine sequence of operation and standard work for each prototype.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities in process, product, and equipment. Seek additional training as departmental needs evolve.
- Maintain a 5S work environment; ensure equipment and work area follow 5S standards.
- Education: High School / Technical High School diploma, or 2 year Associates Degree
- 1 to 2 years in footwear and/or apparel manufacturing and assembly.
- Strong level of expertise in material management, cutting, stitching, and/or embroidery.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of shoe manufacturing, including: materials, stitching procedures, assembly and pattern.
- Ability to perform multiple projects while maintaining timelines.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks - opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.