Sales Associate - Reading
THE CHALLENGE 20000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Reading, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
Start date: ASAP
Location: Waterloo, London
The Challenge's vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other's differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. For more information about what The Challenge does and what its values are, please visit our website.
About the role
Reporting to the Sales Manager our Sales Associates are the face of NCS recruitment at The Challenge. In this position you will go out to engage with young people and parents to ensure their participation in NCS. It requires passionate and enthusiastic people motivated by providing opportunities for young people and reaching ambitious targets
- Engage with parents through presenting and attending parents evenings and running pre-programme information evenings
- Take responsibility for a number of programme dates during summer delivery to ensure the full cohort of young people turn up and reserve lists are utilised to fill every place
- Administrative duties to support sales processes
Skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills both in person and over the phone
- Ability to engage with 15 to 17 year olds and their parents in an enthusiastic and authentic way
- Motivation to work towards and exceed targets
- Ability to adapt presentation style to a varied audience
- A strong work ethic and excellent time management skills
- Experience managing own workload and working as part of a team
- Able to take direction and carry out tasks to a high standard
- Public speaking experience
- Experience working with young people and schools
- Sales experience
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- Status: This is a full-time, permanent role
- Salary: £20,000 per annum/competitive
- To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter via the button below
- Interview process: Interview questions based on job criteria and responsibilities, presentation at the end to assess competency on stage and sales techniques.
The Challenge Network (The Challenge) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you prior to, during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent data protection legislation in force from time-to-time.