Rotating Equipment Engineer
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in our Operations team. Reporting to the Mechanical Technical Authority you will be responsible for improving the availability and reliability of offshore high-speed rotating equipment and the delivery of major work scopes.
Flexibility is required to be hands on across our assets as required.
We operate a mixed fleet of turbine compressor and generation sets with 2 x Rolls-Royce- 24C DLE compression packages at our Gas Terminal and 3 x TB5400's on our offshore platforms. Whilst it is
not expected that the candidate will be fully conversant with each type, a broad range and understanding is required. The Southern sector of the business is supported by 2 x RE Engineers. This includes, Solar, Siemens and ABB packages.
You will be working a 2/2-week rotation both on and offshore delivering across our assets within the Southern North Sea Assets. Primarily when onshore you will be based at our office in Norwich.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Control and implementation of planned maintenance activities for rotating equipment vendors and provision of onshore support to the offshore assets for the Southern North Sea and Bacton Gas Terminal.
• Responsible for updating Maintenance management systems to ensure maintenance planning and execution information is current & accurate.
• Attend vendor co-ordination meetings, project HAZOPs and design review meetings. Be responsible for the approval of project commissioning procedures and reviewing vendors' machinery test procedures including witnessing testing.
• Oversee the project manage repair and overhaul of both Onshore and Offshore rotating equipment, control of vendors executing work on Rotating Machinery assets.
• Maintain and continuously refine machinery maintenance strategies. Define machinery specific basic care requirements and planned maintenance tasks for gas turbines and compressors. Define operating and condition-based maintenance regimes for gas turbines
• Develop and apply gas turbine and compressor performance monitoring programs. Carry out failure mode analysis of gas turbines and compressors. Carry out critical spares' reviews for
gas turbines and compressors. Initiate machinery reliability improvements & proactively designs out reliability problems in gas turbines and compressors.
• Promote the use of best technology to increase production efficiency. Manage costs by controlling spending and promoting a challenging cost culture to ensure best value is obtained from suppliers and contractors.
• Issues, technical alerts / bulletins, and spares rationalization ensuring maximum uptime. As part of the review consider new technology is evaluated for existing problems or opportunities for improvement.
• Provide safety leadership to the onshore or offshore teams by making the appropriate interventions to prevent unsafe situations or unacceptable risks being taken whilst ensuring work is carried out efficiently. Need to challenge traditional thinking where appropriate.
• Ensure full compliance with all Health Safety and Environmental responsibilities
Safety & Environmentally Critical Courses:
• Compression Fittings and Small Bore Tubing
• Confined Space Entry & BA (Breathing Apparatus)
• Dry Gas Seal Training
• Hose Assembly and Maintenance
• Optalign Training
• Piping Joint Integrity - Final Assessment (TMJI10/19)
• Vibration Analysis Cat I (Level 1)
Qualifications: Significant experience of gas turbine driven power and compression packages, ideally RB211 and Ruston units, with the ability to fault find and integrate the package systems (GT and
compression) to ensure that uptime is maximised.
Personal Attributes: Flexibility and good communication skills are essential, along with the ability to provide timely feedback and guidance to Operations.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.