Risk & Portfolio Management Advisor
Aberdeen City, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Mining / Oil / Gas
The Strategy, Risk & Portfolio Management Advisor is responsible for the development and the maintenance of the portfolio level UK plans. Responsible for the coordination and development of the business strategy on behalf of the UK MD and LT, and for the maintenance of the business level risk register.
The jobholder is responsible for actively coordinating the development of client strategy in alignment with the client group vision and the role of the UK business in the group portfolio.
The Strategy, Risk & Portfolio Management Advisor develops and maintains business networks and coordinates the activities required to deliver client business objectives.
The jobholder will also provide business coordination in a number of areas:
- Investment Committee (IC) coordination and support for client
- Business Performance Review (twice yearly) coordination
- OGA Tier 2 and Stewardship survey return coordination
Main duties & responsibilities
LoA Plan (Life of Asset Plan)
- Responsible for the collation and revisions of the portfolio level UK plans typically referred to as the UK life of asset plan.
- Update the portfolio level UK plan documentation on a biannual basis aligned to the Business performance review timings and identify risks to delivery and opportunities for optimisation.
- Develop, implement, improve and maintain processes and workflows to create and maintain the UK portfolio Life of Asset Plan and associated evaluation of risks, opportunities and uncertainties associated with it at portfolio level, working with the UK economist to do so.
- Responsible for timely planning of all coordination meetings and collation of material in relation to the biannual Business Performance Reviews, working with LT members to identify focus areas and key messages
- Responsible for coordinating the agenda of the Business Review meetings and liaising with corporate business support function to ensure alignment on expectation and format as steered by Exec team IC coordinator
- Coordinate all UK IC and planning in a timely manner of all coordination meetings, liaising with the corporate centre to communicate agenda and other administrative considerations
- Custodian of the IC Procedure on behalf of the Commercial director
- Responsible for coordinating the development and refresh of the UK business strategy, including workshops, key metrics and other inputs.
- Work with UK Communication team to articulate strategy and long-term business intent at the appropriate time.
Risk Identification and Analysis
- Responsible for the maintenance, coordination and review of the UK Risk Register on a quarterly basis. Set up quarterly review meetings with each function and ensure that all risks are entered into the Synergi database with appropriate mitigations in place. Ensure that all opportunities as well as risks are fully documented, and scoring is accurate. During the one to one meeting with Departmental Managers, ensure any key learnings are consistently applied.
- Responsible for ensuring all risks are appropriately quantified, working with the relevant functions who will assess the quantum of risk
- Responsible for preparation of the risk matrix for the biannual Business Performance Review meetings
Internal and external interfaces
There is a requirement to work cross functionally and interface with all disciplines within Clinet. This is largely an internally facing role and so coordination across all functions is required. Identify better ways of doing things and makes recommendations for wider improvements in systems, practices and procedures.
- The incumbent should deploy systems and procedures to ensure optimal use of resources.
- The job is expected to develop and maintain internal and external networks and relationships to ensure alignment of interests and delivery of objectives in a collaborative manner.
- Collaborate with the wider Commercial, JV & BD community and business planning function
Context and environment
The position is based in Aberdeen. Occasional travel must be expected.
Required Competences/ Qualifications / Experience / Profile
Competencies / skills
- A keen interest portfolio strategy development with experience in the field is desirable
- Experience in portfolio management and planning
- Demonstrable understanding of petroleum economics and risk quantification and value of information exercises
- Experience in decision driven analysis and value driven decision making
- Experience of portfolio performance management
- Demonstrable evidence of increasing responsibility and leadership, driving results through influencing others
- Relevant BSc/MSc degree.
- Relevant experience in commercial/planning and performance functional areas.
- Requires knowledge of the specialist area, the E&P business and Oil & Gas industry.
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills (both in motivating and influencing stakeholders).
- Proven communication- and organisation skills.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.