Research Associate III-IV, Immunology & Inflammation
Tarrytown, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Science & Technology
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Regeneron is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Research Associate to join the Immunology and Inflammatory Diseases group. The successful candidate will contribute to the discovery and validation of therapeutic immuno-oncology targets and development of therapeutic antibodies that activate the immune system to eradicate tumor cells. The incumbent will be responsible for designing and carrying out complex in vivo mouse tumor model experiments utilizing both syngeneic and/or xenogeneic tumor models. In addition, they will execute a variety of cell-based assays to understand mechanisms of action, including multicolor flow cytometry and ELISA/MSD analyses.
- Mouse tumor implant (syngeneic and xenogeneic tumor models), tumor growth measurement, injections through various routes (IP, IV, sub-Q), general surgical techniques and the collection of blood and tissue samples.
- Tissue processing and purification of immune cells, in vitro cell based bioassay development, tissue cell culture (primary mouse and human cells, tumor cell lines and genetically engineered cell lines)
- Multicolor flow cytometry (FACS), ELISA and MesoScale Discovery (MSD) assays.
- Basic Molecular Biology techniques (cloning ,etc)
- Analyzing biological data using FlowJo, Microsoft Excel, GraphPad Prism, SoftMax Pro, and MSD Discovery Workbench software.
- Interpreting, analyzing and presenting data; working in fast-paced, result oriented research environment.
- Contribute to project advancement by developing new methods or technologies and troubleshooting
- Write protocols and study reports, produce and maintain accurate electronic records.
- Seeking a motivated Research Associate with a BS or MS and at least 2-4 years of experience in immunology or immuno-oncology laboratory to join a highly interactive immunology team.
- Must have experience working with mice with training in the proper handling and care of mice, mouse tumor implant (syngeneic and xenogeneic tumor models), tumor growth measurement, injections through various routes (IP, IV, sub-Q), general surgical techniques and the collection of blood and tissue samples.
- The ideal candidate must have experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry (FACS) analysis, ELISA, MesoScale Discovery technology and cell based bioassays. Preferred experience with histological techniques
- Proficient computer skills and experience collecting and analyzing biological data on the computer is a necessity. Required experience with Microsoft Office Excel, GraphPad Prism, FACS DIVA software and FlowJo.
- The candidate will be required to analyze data and interpret results of experiments within the context of research project goals, and work closely with supervisor to prepare and deliver effective oral presentations and reports during internal and inter-departmental meetings.
- This is a hands-on position which will require the candidate to be highly organized with an attention to detail, carry out multiple experiments simultaneously, manage time efficiently, work autonomously and collaboratively, effectively and frequently communicate with colleagues on the team.
- Candidate should be a strong team player.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regenerons unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.