San Francisco, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Retail & Consumer Products
A well-known outpatient surgery center is now hiring for an Operating Room (OR) Registered Nurse (RN). This Ambulatory Surgery Center is a 2 Operating Room.
The OR Nurse Will Also
Reporting to the OR Nurse Manager, the OR Nurse's primary responsibility is advocating for quality, safe patient care. Additionally, the Surgery RN prepares the surgical suite, reviews the surgeon's preference cards, and assures all equipment and supplies are ready for use.
- Collaborate with the anesthesia team and assists during induction and emergence of anesthesia
- Protect the sterile field and controls traffic in the room
- Administer IV Sedation under the direction of a physician
- Act as a liaison to all pre-operative, peri-operative, and post-operative team members as well as patients and family
This dynamic, fast-paced surgery center is the perfect opportunity for a motivated Nurse who is looking to grow professionally and work with a multitude of specialties. The right candidate will have the opportunity for advancement into a leadership position.
In addition to a rewarding career, the Surgery Room RN will have an excellent work-life balance. Located in California's Bay Area, the Surgery Center RN is just a hop, skip, and a jump from San Francisco and Oakland. With this ideal location, outdoor enthusiasts of all stripes will have plenty of options. Whether it is hiking, skiing, golfing, camping, climbing, or fishing (just to name a few), the Outpatient Perioperative RN will have outstanding recreational options.
- Current California Registered Nurse License
- Current BLS/ACLS
- Ability to circulate fast passed surgical cases
- Basic knowledge of surgical equipment
- Experience with Sterile Technique and Operating Room Accreditation
- A Minimum of 2 years of Operating Room Experience
- Scrub experience is a plus