Regional Administrative Assistant
Shawnee Mission, Kansas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Administration
Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 50 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
We are always looking for exceptional individuals to join us in our growth and are currently looking for a Part-time Administrative Assistant at our Regional Office located in Overland, KS.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to Regional Office Staff by performing the following duties.
Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
Answers and screens incoming calls and arranges conference calls.
Opens and routes incoming mail and correspondence and prepares outgoing mail.
Composes, prepares, analyzes, copies and distributes confidential correspondence, memorandums, reports, spreadsheets and other documents as requested.
Maintains contact with customers and outside vendors and greets scheduled visitors.
Directs services such as computer and office equipment maintenance and repair, orders supplies, and files correspondence.
Assist Office Manager in planning regional events throughout the year, and organize activities such as meetings, travel, trainings, and conferences.
Maintains solid customer relationships by handling questions and concerns with professionalism.
Represents Company values professionally in the community and at public gatherings
- This position requires a minimum of two years of administrative experience in an office environment.
- Excellent word processing skills, including data entry and typing, are required.
- Intermediate level computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes, is necessary.
- This position also requires excellent communication, organizational, detail-oriented and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- Necessary customer service skills include the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive, friendly attitude.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values is key.
Please complete an employement application found at and email it with your resume as an attached word or pdf document to