Recurring - Talent Spotter (Event)
Bristol, Connecticut, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
The Recurring - Talent Spotter (Event) will provide crucial support to ESPN's on-air broadcasters, identifying players and team formations involved in different plays on the field, as well as on-field positioning, during the live event telecast.
- For assigned sports events, works hand-in-hand with on-air talent before and during the event telecast - providing content support in identifying players involved on the field.
- Pre-production activities include: working with assigned talent to create specialty "spotter boards" - list of teams, players, player numbers, positions - with talents' direct influence, for use during the game; research on players and teams to maximize ability to identify plays during the remote telecast.
- Live event responsibilities include: closely watching the event and providing immediate feedback to talent on players involved in the outcome of each play (completed passes, changes of possession, penalties) as well as ball placement, largely silent via the preproduced "spotter boards".
- Operates within the context of defined sports remote telecasts' concepts, objectives and outcomes.
- Work is reviewed by talent and the responsible Producer after each remote production.
- Valid Driver's License is required.
- Inner working knowledge of the sport and the rules of the game.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high stress, live television environment.
- Must be able to clearly identify all objects and action on field of play.
- Ability to uniquely communicate (often silently via spotter boards) pertinent game information with on-air broadcast talent with immediacy.
- Prior live sports television production experience.
- Prior amateur or professional experience within sports area, potentially as a former player or manager.
- Knowledge of sports and sports history.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- This position will allow flexibility to work in remote U.S. / lower 48 state locations and not exclusive to Bristol, CT.