Bayloff Stamped Products
Belleville, Michigan, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
Reports to: General Manager
Responsibilities include ensuring continual quality improvement and engaging the organization to adapt a Quality focused culture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct, plan and monitor all Quality activities company wide.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service.
- Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Develop metrics that encourage and promote continual improvement and support from all areas of the organization.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Create, document and implement criteria and procedures.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant leadership to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Provide training and coaching to associates in problem solving techniques to empower all associates to implement solutions.
- Interact with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased parts.
- Create and direct environmental test functions and applications.
- Provide training, support and coaching of associates in the application of tools used in the area of Quality.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs.
- Maintain an active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
- Maintain internal Layer Process Audit process and external audit preparations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering along with at least 5 years of related experience in a manufacturing capacity.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a management or supervisory role.
- Specialized training in manufacturing processes and problem-solving techniques such as PDCA, Kaizen, A3 etc.
- Working knowledge of ITAF 16949 requirements and audit procedures.
- Working knowledge of CMM processes.
- Must be customer focused, able to prioritize and multitask.
- Exposure to industry accepted chemicals, and noise.
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.