Bethel, Connecticut, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
Nesco Resource is looking to hire a Quality Engineer for a dynamic, global medical device company in Fairfield County
- Evaluate components to develop appropriate inspection / gaging techniques
- Work with customers on customer complaints (Provide them with Containment action, Root cause analysis and short / long term Corrective and Preventive actions)
- Perform training for manufacturing / Quality associates to work instructions and procedures
- Work with customer service and sales on initiating / closing returns
- Help customers with Supplied Data Agreement requests
- Analyze and disposition Non-Conformance Reports
- Responsible for contacting customers with any deviation from specification
- Prepare Gage R&R and process capability studies based on customer request or internal requirements
- Identification of adverse quality trends or conditions
- Initiate corrective and preventive actions
- Monitor and track Data collection and Analysis
- Support engineering with process validations (IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Work with Engineering to complete PPAP documentation (PFMEA, Control Plan, Flow Chart and Part Submission Warrant).
- Create, review and update Procedures and Work Instructions
- Perform Internal and supplier audits
- Initiate Engineering Change requests to implement any change in documentation
- Support Quality control inspectors with gaging techniques
- Develop and implement various quality practices designed to track performance indices
- Publish performance indices at regular intervals
- Discuss trends and make recommendations with direct managers
- Self-starter and the ability to work with minimal supervision
BS Degree in Engineering or educational equivalent plus at least two years of related experience. Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Minitab or other equivalent statistical analysis software.
- CQE or a CQA Certification is a plus.
- Work within an ISO 13485 regulated environment
- Ability to design and develop quality inspection tooling
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.