Mahwah, New Jersey, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Retail & Consumer Products
The Purchasing Agent will be responsible for the tactical procurement of industrial tools, fasteners and accessories domestically and internationally. The Purchasing Agent coordinates his or her efforts with other Purchasing Agents and Management in order to maintain the appropriate level of inventory to meet sales demands. The ideal candidate will also have experience in supplier development and quality control processes with suppliers across the globe.
In this role, you will utilize expert knowledge to purchase goods at the most favorable price and terms for HYTORC Industrial Bolting Systems while simultaneously building and maintaining strategic relationships with key suppliers. The Purchasing Agent is proactive in their approach to coordinating the activities involved with procuring goods, will assist the department in reviewing requisitions, and will confer with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule. The ideal candidate will also thrive in providing unparalleled customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Responsible for procurement and purchasing activities on assigned projects/vendors.
- Prepare, review and issue purchase orders.
- Proactively communicate with Sales staff, Project Management, Quality and other departments.
- Maintain manual or computerized procurement records.
- Liaise with Quality Control to report defective or unacceptable goods or services.
- Ensure that all contract procedures are followed and executed in a professional manner.
- Maintain records of business transactions and product inventories, reporting data to companies or government agencies as necessary.
- Proactively follow up with Sales and/or Project Management to confirm purchasing requirements, ensuring timely purchase of good to meet customer demands.
- Be available outside of core business hours (remotely) to field urgent purchasing concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary diploma &/or an equivalent certification in materials management or business.
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role; preferably in industrial engineering and manufacturing.
- Familiarity with standard procurement concepts, best practices and techniques.
- Good understanding of all logistic methods and import/customs procedures.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and a positive team player.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners and other third parties as required.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills
- Experience with SAP and other ERP systems is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with Indirect Purchasing and Category Management is considered an asset.
- Purchasing, Supply Chain, Project Management and Lean certification is considered an asset.
- Experience working with European, Asian and other international vendors is considered an asset.