Please scroll down, To apply
Projects & Engineering Planner
Aberdeen City, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
*This position will require you to speak / understand basic French*
*This position will require you to be flexible with Europe and international travel*
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Update and report on key performance indicators as required.
- Provide pro-active planning & schedule support in accordance with company procedures.
- Work within integrated project teams as well as other support functions.
- Develop Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), complying with the requirements of Company processes and aligned to Project requirements.
- Development, management, and distribution of project plans reflecting various levels of detail within the integrated project planning environment.
- Development, management, and distribution of various levels of performance analysis reports in relation to progress and productivity.
- Schedule optimisation by proactively identifying opportunities, clashes and threats where performance is at variance with the baseline plan. Facilitate meetings to manage the aforementioned through to agreement and resolution. Develop proposals for management approval.
- Produce ad-hoc plans as required.
- Interface with the other Projects & Engineering Services functions such as cost, planning, estimating & document control to facilitate updates, control, and forecasting.
- Interface with 3rd party contractor Project Services teams.
- Support Project Management and Discipline Engineering personnel during weekly progress meetings.
- Have the ability to present planning information to management teams from both within the Company and also 3rd Party Contractors.
- Facilitate Company and 3rd Party Contractor planning meetings.
- Facilitate ad-hoc planning meetings to review, re-prioritise and manage schedule changes to optimise plan delivery.
- Interface with and build strong working relationships between the various Project Teams, 3rd Party Contractor Teams and Company Business Groups.
- Participate in risk review / probabilistic analysis as necessary.
- Participate in specific planning management audits.
- Prepare for and contribute to project peer reviews.
- Adhere to the Global Integrated Planning Process.
- Actively participate in HSEQ strategy to ensure expectations for the Project Team are met.
- Educated to a degree or HNC level or equivalent in an appropriate discipline (preferred).
- Frech speaking or an understanding of the Frech language (preferred).
- Track record of continuous professional development.
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge with others.
- Ability to work pro-actively under own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Both onshore and offshore planning experience (preferred).
- Experience within an operating asset environment.
- Have a good appreciation of both topsides and subsea works in Greenfield, Brownfield and Decommissioning environments.
- Sound knowledge of Primavera P6.
Preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Capability of leading a planning team.
- Ability to influence and persuade.
- Experience in a relevant industry position where robust planning is key to the ongoing success of the business.
- Ability to make decisions, meet deadlines and a track record of delivering results.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Deliver to a challenging reporting calendar.
- Good communication, networking, facilitation & presentation skills.
- Team player with ability to build strong working relationships between the various Project Teams, Company Business Groups, and 3rd party contractors.
- Ability to interpret construction reports, vendor reports and engineering reports. Collate all progress data, update integrated project schedules, and produce both standard tabular and graphical reports. Identify potential delays and propose proactive solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment which expects the highest level of customer service, confidentiality, and ethical behavior. Prioritise workload, resolve conflicts and manage relationships.
- Management of change.
- Commitment to core values.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.