Project Operations Manager
Leeds City, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Mining / Oil / Gas
Our client, a major chemical company, is currently seeking a Project Operations Manager to ensure the smooth transition of a portfolio of CAPEX Projects into Operations, for their upper tier COMAH manufacturing site in West Yorkshire.
Core responsibilities include:
- Lead the Project Operations Team for nominated CAPEX projects including coordination of Commissioning, Technology, Research and Development and Maintenance activities to ensure the operational requirements are met.
- Support the project team during execution for all business and regulatory related issues such that the project objectives are met in terms of scope, cost and schedule.
- Support and Implement continuous improvement measures and new ways of working in conjunction with new investment such that key operational objectives in terms of EHS, quality, cost and reliability are met.
- Ensure successful commissioning and start-up of CAPEX projects including readiness in terms of recruitment, operating procedures, and training.
- Represent the interest of the Business Unit as the single point of contact to gain commitment of the relevant BU resources to successfully implement nominated capex projects, involvement in initial appraisal of project options and business case development where appropriate.
Success criteria for the position include:
- Capex Projects completed on time, in budget and within scope
- Plant operating procedures in place and training complete
- Regulatory approvals in place, Raw Materials fully qualified, Process guarantees fulfilled
- Scope changes minimized through effective early options appraisal (right project chosen)
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) with substantial experience in a management or leadership position, ideally gained in a project or operational environment.
- Project management experience, preferably in significant projects with complex interfaces
- Good understanding of production operations preferably within a highly regulated environment such as chemical manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, petrochemicals, process industries or similar COMAH sites.
- Excellent written/verbal communications and presentation skills
- Ability to work well in a team and across all levels of the organization
- Proactive problem-solving skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.