360 RESOURCING SOLUTIONS COMMERCIAL
salary: 33500.00 British Pound . GBP Annual
London City, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
Ecorys UK is leading International management consultancy delivering innovative solutions in research and evaluation, communications and programme management services for a range of UK and European public and private sector organisations. We have passionate teams working on meaningful policies that have an impact on people's lives around the world. We're a socially responsible, employee-owned organisation that gives 1% of our profits to charity each year. Our working culture promotes personal and career development and you'll be part of a large international group with offices worldwide. Ecorys operates a flexible working policy.
About the role and Business Unit
The successful candidate will be assisting the finance business partner in all aspects of their work to provide the business unit project managers with contract support, from initial tender to new account set-up and ongoing management on the relevant reporting systems. This role supports the finance-related work of the project teams and ensures accurate reporting of data. As this is a permanent role, based in the London office, the successful candidate will be working 37 hours per week. Some travel may be required to Birmingham where the Corporate Finance team are located and occasional overseas travel to visit country offices.
- Responsible for all accounting and reconciliation of associated Ecorys entities' financial results.
- Ensure the integrity and control of the balance sheet with responsibility for contract work-in-progress, inter-company balances, accruals & prepayments, project cashbooks, bank reconciliations and FX revaluations.
- Work with the project teams to provide contract analyses upon request and supply performance reports Support and manage periodic expenditure verifications audits on international projects.
- Track project expenditure and its supporting evidence and help ensure appropriate functioning of the related finance processes.
- Manage timely billing and receipt of income in accordance with client contracts.
- Support finance business partner with any other business unit financial accounting, maintain accurate monthly management accounts as required to support the project lifecycle and reporting.
- Provide any additional support to the finance team as required.
Please note that the successful candidate may be expected to take on additional responsibilities within the overall scope of the role.
- Part qualified accountant - no specific institute requirement.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of financial and management accounting procedures and processes.
- Computer and accounting systems literate with advanced and Excel skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and demonstrate independent judgement with the ability to apply the appropriate escalations.
- Must be able to plan and prioritise the workload and duties with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills along with a strong customer focus.
- A positive approach to team working is essential.