Entercom - Sports
New York, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
CBS Sports Radio Network, a 24/7 live sports network based in NYC, is looking for an experienced radio program director to oversee the Network's programming. You'll be responsible for directing all aspects of the on-air product, including coaching & supervising the on air staff and to expand the Network's digital assets including streaming, podcasts and website. You will serve as the administrative link between programming and network affiliates located across the country.
- Responsible for the total supervision, direction, and overall performance level of all network staff and functions, with specific emphasis on program coordination, content and scheduling.
- Responsible for adherence and compliance to Company program standards and FCC regulations.
- Establish and communicate programming and content goals and vision, and then clearly measures their results.
- Develops and effectively manages CBS Sports Radio Network programming budget.
- Provides rating analysis and reporting.
- Critiques talent and measures performance.
- Establishes long range plans.
- Maintains on-going communications with external industry and public organizations to promote the network.
- Supervises use of any outside services and all department staff.
- Accountable to the Network's partner and all Network affiliates.
- Provide programming leadership in a sales-friendly environment.
- Substantial program director experience within Sports or News/Talk is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of FCC rules
- Experience working with high profile talent and talent contracts
- Experience with syndicated programming
- Experience in developing and managing programming budget