Arden, North Carolina, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Executive Positions
DC - Supervisor
The primary responsibility of a DC Supervisor is to ensure efficient processing of all merchandise to service our stores while maintaining and developing departmental staff.
What we have to offer:
- Salary Depends on Experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K w/ match after first year
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Monitor staff levels to ensure flow of merchandise through the department to meet deadlines.
- Ensure flow of merchandise within department to maximize throughput and productivity.
- Coordinate the daily processing of department under his/her direct report.
- Monitor budget and payroll information of departments.
- Handle associate relations such as, but not limited to coaching, counseling and training direct reports by partnering with department manager and/or human resources.
- Identify, coach, train and promote associates with team leader and/or supervisor potential.
- Evaluate and discuss each direct reports job performance using objectives set at mid-year and year-end review.
- Provide timely and accurate feedback to direct reports.
- Maintain associate records and any other payroll related processes (time statements, PA's, PTO, SAP, attendance tracking, etc.).
- Keep open lines of communication to associates.
- Contribute cost saving ideas on a continuous basis.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by the operations Manager and/or Director.
- A two-year or four-year College Degree in management, business administration or related study, or two to five years of related field experience
- Knowledge of Distribution operations (material handling equipment) and merchandise flow
- Prior experience with the implementation of a new WMS preferred
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Strong coaching and administrative skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize work based on delivery schedule; ability to multi-task
- Highly detail oriented and quality conscious
- Knowledge of Retail store merchandising set-up helpful, but not required
- Flexibility - will be required to work in other areas; extended hours as needed
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook); knowledge of IBM and SAP or some other payroll/HR system preferred
- 1st shift, Monday-Friday 7am-3pm, business hours around shift work hours required
J.Crew Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.
timelessness is underrated and find that clothes look
best when they're lived in. We love color-
blocking and pattern mixing and temper
tomboy with heels. We're fans of tousled
hair and think everything's right when something's left
just a little imperfect. We wear sneakers with
suits, wing tips with jeans and chambray on chambray.
We don't believe there's such a thing
as overdressed-and we don't rent tuxedos.
we're an American brand, but we source
fabrics from around the world: Japanese seersucker,
Irish linen and Italian wool. We don't believe
there's just one way to wear an outfit,
but we do have a few ideas on how to pull one together.
for us, the magic is in the mix.
It all began in 1983 as a collection of sportswear, shoes, and accessories featured in lifestyle images on the pages of J.CREW Outfitters. The company revolutionized casual dress by designing the first stonewashed chinos, the rollneck sweater, and the solid, cotton pocket tee. Expanding on the success of the catalog, our first retail venture premiered in New York's South Street Seaport in 1989. This location featured our existing collection and styles designed exclusively for the store. Since then we have continued to grow opening over 40 factory and 140 retail stores including a 13,000 square foot flagship in Rockefeller Center.
In 1996, we launched jcrew.com, a fully functional website allowing customers to browse through pages of the catalog and place orders online. It became one of the first apparel websites to pioneer the transformation from traditional retailer to the world of eCommerce and was ranked the #1 apparel site by the Wall Street Journal*. Simple to use and easy to navigate, jcrew.com is committed to offering engaging content and an unparalleled Internet shopping experience.
Already an $800 million dollar brand, we continue to grow rapidly through an expanding retail store network, industry leading Internet site, and famous catalog. We are dedicated to providing an energetic and challenging environment to ensure the growth and development of our people. And, we are committed to exceeding the expectations of our customers.
Our aggressive growth, corporate culture, benefits and brand is what makes J.Crew the best place to work. Lifestyle is an important concern to J.Crew. Our associates are encouraged to keep a balance in their lives. J.Crew associates work hard, but they're not just about work. J.Crew's benefits package is designed to meet the needs of our associates and their distinctive lifestyles.