Product Manager, Global eCommerce
The Connors Group, Inc.
New York City, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Product Manager, Global eCommerce
Are you an innovative and insightful thinker who likes solving complex business problems? Have you facilitated lean/cross-functional teams focused on achieving Consumer outcomes that utilize commerce and/or experiential digital products? Do you have a deep understanding and a passion for Agile Product Management?
The Product Manager will be the direct liaison to Digital Commerce business, process and technology partners across THE COMPANY brands, helping to analyze, craft, and prioritize solutions to our Consumer's most impactful problems. The Product Manager will collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to translate business needs into technical product requirements, and work with engineering team(s) to build and deliver world-class technology solutions. You will also partner with other Product Managers, engineering teams as well as external partners to drive end-to-end execution enabling and measuring business value.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Drive a results driven culture - Using your Product skills, create measurement driven initiatives in which to validate experiments.
- Plan for and then execute scaling plans for the validated and most valuable of ideas.
- Understand and enhance THE COMPANY Digital Commerce strategies, finding ways to tailor experiences by Brand & Region.
- Translate evolving Business strategies into Product roadmaps
- Product management through entire lifecycle - Ideation, Business case creation, KPI definition story facilitation, prioritization, building for outcomes, reporting on effectiveness through analysis & clear financial management
- Partner with and facilitate the ceremonies of scrum teams, playing an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of defined goals
- Facilitate Ceremonies that include: Standups, refinements, planning, demos, presentations, and retrospectives specific to your products.
- Review test plans and lead UAT to ensure Consumer outcomes.
- Act as a coach to drive feedback sessions with engineering and business teams to continuously evolve team processes.
- Report on Product velocity, value and project status regularly to business and TPG stakeholders
- Use your outside lens: Research changes within Consumer behaviors and industry to bring fresh and applicable ideas to the larger team.
- Stay current with modern platforms, toolkits & methods
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 9+ years of progressive Digital Product experience with minimum 5 years of experience working in Commerce/experiential Product Management, Technical Product Management or a similar capacity.
- 3+ years of business analysis experience preferably in Fashion, eCommerce, Retail or CPG industries is a plus
- Strong experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver eCommerce technology solutions or digital products using Agile methodology, and clear understanding of the KPI's that drive Consumer delight and conversion
- Experience with one of the major eCommerce platforms (Websphere Commerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud/Demandware, Oracle Commerce, Magento)
- Expertise in one or more areas with eCommerce fulfilment, Go-to-market process, Omni-channel Digital, Marketplaces, Social Media, AR/VR, Analytics, SEO, Site Merchandising, operations, etc.
- Entrepreneurial sense of ownership of the success of the product, with full ownership and accountability of outcomes.
- Passionate about building great products, innovation and solving complex customer problems.
- Solid track record of building relationships and collaborating at all levels of the organization.
- Prior experience with modern experiential capabilities a plus (Mixed reality, voice, mobile, hardware, AI used for Consumer problem solving, etc..)
Education: Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or a related field
Specific skills required for Product Manager, Global Digital Commerce include:
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles as well as Waterfall project management
- Deep understanding of the customer centric Product Mindset
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to inform recommendations and drive actions
- Goal oriented and self-motivated within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to clearly communicate the business requirements to engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to influence decision making at all levels within an organization
- Strong understanding of technologies and products in digital & ecommerce space including eCommerce Platforms, Headless Commerce, web analytics, order management processes, CRM platforms, Email Service Providers (ESPs), 3 rd party integrations, API strategies etc.
Following skills are not required, but preferred:
- Agile methodology certifications
- Experience leading eCommerce, Direct to Consumer and Digital Commerce projects
- Technology products and partners selection in collaboration with other stakeholders
- Technology/Product roadmap decisions in collaboration with other stakeholders
- Project level decision making including work prioritization, risk/issue management, and escalation management
- provided by Dice