Principal Digital Design Engineer -DSP/FPGA
Peabody, Massachusetts, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
*** This position is not eligible for any work visa sponsorship. Applicants must possess unrestricted US work authorization. You must have the ability to obtain a TS Security Clearance and be a US Citizen.
Relocation Paid: Negotiable
Degree Required:University - Master's Degree - Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
This is a great small and growing company in the Boston Massachusetts area who recognizes their people, and rewards them for their success. This is a high growth position for high energy engineers who really enjoy their work.
This job comes with a generous salary, fantastic career growth and company stocks
As a Principal Digital Design Engineer you will lead the Architecture of FPGA based systems alongside customers (internal or external) including both hardware and algorithms, transitioning these algorithms from simulations to instantiations on DSP/FPGA platforms. You will lead a team to design, verify and test complex, high speed, FPGA systems which operate in the digital RF domain.
The company is a fast growing company developing cutting edge wireless communication systems based on our highly advanced phased array antenna technologies. Located on Boston s North Shore, you won't find a better location. They are deploying this technology across a variety of land, sea and air platforms for point to point and satellite communications in virtually every frequency range. Their team solves our countries most difficult problems and our products have a high impact for our nation and its customers. Their technologies are often the only answer for reliable operation in harsh environments to bring internet access for people and things globally. They recognize our people, and reward their success.
Qualifications & Minimum Skills:
1. Minimum of MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with an emphasis on analog and digital circuit design.
2. You will have led and built FPGA based systems which incorporate ADC, DAC s and a variety of waveforms.
3. Minimum of 15 years hands on experience specifying, designing, implementing, and testing high and low voltage analog and digital circuits for real-time microcontrollers used in communication systems.
4. Hands-on experience designing analog, digital, and real-time microcontroller systems from concept and feasibility through schematics and PC board layout (solving component placement and electromagnetic interference issues), all the way to board bring-up, testing and production.
5. Experience with circuit design and simulation tools such as OrCad, PSpice, Cadence, SPICE, Matlab Simulink, or equivalent.
6. US citizenship
1. Real-time microprocessor firmware/software development, signal processing, probability and statistics, and communications theory.
2. Experience with phased array antenna design and active design of RF signal processing systems.
3. Electronic systems manufacturing.
4. Ability to obtain a TS Security Clearance