Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Science & Technology
Pharmaceutical Technician reports to Supervisor of Operations
Catalent is a leading provider of advanced technologies and outsourced services for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and consumer health industry. Catalent develops, manufactures and packages pharmaceutical and other products for customers in nearly 100 countries, employs approximately 8,000 employees at 30 facilities worldwide and generates more than $1.7 billion in annual revenue. Among its core offerings, develops and manufactures oral and sterile pharmaceuticals in nearly all major dosage forms, and offers proprietary technologies used in many well-known prescriptions and over-the-counter products. Catalent is also the largest contract packager of pharmaceuticals.
At the direction of the Supervisor or Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Lead, the Pharmaceutical Technician is responsible for performing efficient set up / tear down, manufacture and cleaning of all equipment and processes associated with manufacturing operations with general supervision or partnership with other Pharmaceutical Technicians. The Pharmaceutical Technician is responsible for adhering to policies and procedures with an emphasis on regulatory related processes such as SOPs, cGMP and safety in compliance with the CFRs and meets the business needs of the organization.
- Candidate must have a high attention to detail, excellent organizational and documentation skills while ensuring compliance with GMPs and applicable SOPs. Candidate will drive right first time in all aspects of operational performance.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for ensuring cGMP compliance and generally good housekeeping.
- Responsible for collaborating with Senior Pharmaceutical Technician or Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Lead to request work orders be placed for processing rooms and equipment within core group.
- Ensures product is visually inspected to ensure quality requirements are thoroughly met.
- Focuses on learning all equipment within work zone while maintaining high quality standards
- Pharmaceutical Technician should have high ability to ensure clarity and drive accuracy for processing.
- Set up and tear down of equipment
- Ensures that areas of control are processing under GMP conditions and applicable SOP's are being strictly followed
- Education or Equivalent: A high school diploma is required. A technical degree or certification is preferred. May substitute equivalent years of pharmaceutical manufacturing supervisory experience for education.
- High school diploma - three to five years of experience with Pharma or cGMP manufacturing environment preferred.
- Technical degree/certification - zero to three years of experience with Pharma or cGMP manufacturing environment preferred.
- Handling of raw materials for product assembly
- Manipulation of drums to and from 6-inch pallets
- Drum weight
- Maneuvering of drums in manufacturing area consisting of rolling, scooting, pushing and pulling (up to 80 lbs. of force)
Successful applicants will display Catalent's standard leadership competencies:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K are all offered from day one of employment
- 19 days of paid time off annually
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team
- Defined career path and annual performance review and feedback process
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent. More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied. ™
Visit to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email along with the job number and title to . This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.