Panel Members - Regulatory Decisions Committee
Financial Conduct Authority
London City, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Science & Technology
Panel members for Regulatory Decisions Committee of the FCA FCA Regulatory Decisions Committee (RDC)
The RDC is an FCA Board Committee that is operationally separate from the rest of the FCA. The FCA Board appoints the RDC Chair and members, who are drawn from across a spectrum of business, consumer and industry backgrounds.
The RDC takes certain decisions on behalf of the FCA relating to enforcement and supervisory actions, and firm authorisation and individual approval applications.
The RDC process is administrative, not judicial. It is not an appeal body; it is the final stage of decision-making for the FCA.
The FCA is recruiting individuals who have the skills, knowledge, experience and judgment to be part of a pool of persons who may be appointed to a Regulatory Decisions Committee panel.
Appointment of members to a panel (normally of three people) considering particular cases will be based on expertise, management of conflicts of interest and availability.
The roles are part-time. Case work may be low in volume and irregular in frequency but may require more time commitment during the progress of a particular case (the time commitment may be up to 2 to 3 days per month, to include preparation, attendance at meetings and follow up discussions). RDC members are also expected to make themselves available to attend four days a year of general (not case-specific) meetings and training. RDC members are paid at an hourly rate. RDC members are appointed for a three-year term.
Committee members are supported by a dedicated administrative and legal secretariat.
About you Minimum
We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme. This means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role. A minimum criterion needs to be measurable from reviewing a candidate's CV.
- Previous experience at senior decision-making level, such as Boards, Committees or Tribunals.
- Experience and expertise at the highest level of at least one of the following:
- financial services (including retail financial services);
- retail banking;
- wholesale banking or
- commercial banking.
- A demonstrable ability to assimilate and analyse large amounts of complex and conflicting information;
- Experience of working collaboratively with others to reach objective, evidence-based decisions;
- Sound judgement;
- A desire to positively influence UK financial services, to protect consumers and maintain the integrity of financial markets;
- Flexibility to take on work, sometimes at short notice;
- A broad understanding of the range of UK financial services and their users and consumers and their behaviour and needs.
- Breadth of experience in a regulatory environment
At the FCA, we're creating a fair and more resilient financial system. We're establishing more transparent relationships between financial services and their customers, building trust in financial markets and protecting vulnerable consumers.
The FCA's Values & Diversity
The FCA aims to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the society we serve, helping us to be a better regulator.
- Applications for this role close on 21 October 2018.
- Please submit a CV and cover letter for this role to our executive search partner, Moloney Search by email:
If you are interested learning more about the role, contact Moloney Search on
This role will be based in the new offices of the FCA and PSR at 12 Endeavour Square, Stratford, London, E20 1JN
Search jobs & apply