One to One Support
Anonymous 9.50 British Pound . GBP Per hour
Birkenhead, Merseyside, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Education
JM Education are working with a college in Birkenhead, Some of the students will require one to one support. The role of Support Worker is to provide sensitive and professional care and support to students with special needs to enable them to access further education.
There will be a number of positions both part/full available to suit the needs of the students starting from September 2018 onwards until the end of term.
Key tasks & responsibilities
* To assist students when attending classes at College.
* Offering students choice and helping to maintain their independence.
* Ensuring their safety and comfort at all times whislt attending lessons
* To communicate effectively and appropriately with students and their families, paying particular attention if they have communication, attention or behavioural problems.
* To carry out personal care tasks for students while preserving their privacy and dignity, including assistance if required with toileting and changing, providing assistance to get to and from classrooms, assistance with meals, support and advice during lessons.
* Assist individuals with their medication, according to Policy guidelines, including administering of medication and subsequent recording.
* To encourage/support mobility & abide by moving and handling guidelines.
* Ensure all duties are carried out in a confidential way, preserving the dignity and respect of the student
You will need a enhanced DBS or be willing to get one at the cost of £44 also supply references