O&M Electrical Engineer
Climate17 40000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Our client is a leading provider of O&M services across the Solar PV sector.
They are currently seeking to hire a talented DC/LV/MV Electrical Design Engineer with the skills to evaluate and improve the Solar PV plants and Energy Storage Systems (ESS) which they operate, including auxiliary, control, switchgear and protection.
As new O&M sites are onboarded to their portfolio, the O&M Electrical Engineer will work with site teams and performance analysts to help them understand issues on these sites and how safety, availability and performance can be maintained and increased. In addition, this role will assist in expanding the ability to review the design of new plants.
• Works closely with the rest of the O&M technical and monitoring team to support the Service Delivery/Operations teams, Account Managers and the rest of the Technical Services team to delivery for clients;
• Undertakes HV&LV installation design review of existing and new plants;
• Identifies deficiencies in existing equipment or design and develops proposals for client;
• Works with tender team to help identify issues with plants we are offering to provide services for
• Works with Solar Farm Onboarding Project Manager to review design of new plants entering the portfolio;
• Works with the O&M Works Package Manager to produce specifications/drawings/SLDs based on relevant standards
• Communicates with hardware manufacturer service/technical teams
• Reviews O&M test records to identify and mitigate issues on plants
• Provides expertise and knowledge to assist IAC/FAC punch list technical resolutions
• Responds to technical advisor, funder, client and owner technical enquiries
• Undergraduate degree in STEM subject; ideally Electrical Engineering, or
• Equivalent professional experience and qualifications
• CAD Autodesk
• Experience of High Voltage system design, operation and protection
• Demonstrable experience of large-scale PV design, plant operation/optimisation e.g. inverter reconfiguration, performance modelling, PR calculations
• BS 7671 "Requirements for electrical installations"
• ER P28: Planning limits for voltage fluctuations caused by Industrial, Commercial and Domestic equipment in the United Kingdom
• ER G59: Recommendations for The Connection of Generating Plant to The Distribution Systems of Licensed Distribution Network Operators
• Knowledge of PV and electrical system design, including Inverters, SCADA, communications and other equipment