Network Engineer- Travel
Dunhill Professional Search
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
The Network Engineer will work as part of a team to upgrade IT infrastructure/Network at military facilities worldwide. The DoD is deploying, transitioning, and integrating their medical fixed facilities into the DHA's Enterprise Med-COI architecture and network services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Determines network and system requirements to align with Med-COI requirements.
- Migrating existing Information Technology (IT) infrastructure at DoD medical treatment facilities to new network enclaves, Active Directory domains, and Cyber Security Service Providers.
- Plans, designs and develops local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) with at command enclave infrastructure to include DT&E.
- Installs computer networks such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, and other data communications systems.
- Installs, configures, manages and maintains network infrastructure devices as well as all related hardware and software. Installs server hardware and software infrastructure.
- Designs, deploys, and troubleshoots mid-scale network deployments.
- Develops designs and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion.
- Supports network and computing infrastructure.
- Plans and oversees appropriate, routine tests to ensure the proper working condition and security of developed and purchased network systems.
- Builds, supports and maintains the protection of data and systems through the use of security solutions, backups, redundancy and disaster recovery solutions.
- Investigates and analyzes resource utilization and prepares reports and metrics, making appropriate changes to optimize the network infrastructure and provide the highest possible level of performance and security.
- Conducts appropriate tests to ensure the proper working condition and security of developed and purchased network systems.
- Monitors network performance and performs intermediary network restoration/recovery actions.
- Apply scripting methodologies to automate tasks.
- Provides and updates training materials and documentation.
- Education: BS degree in BS degree in Engineering, Physics, Network Security, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Security+ and one of MCSE, CCNA, or CCNP certification required
- Candidates must have an Active Secret clearance or higher
- CISSP certification make take the place of the other certification requirements
- Three (3) years of experience in Engineering, Systems Analysis, Medical Systems, Information Assurance, Web Development, or Engineering Management to include: Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Support, Test and Evaluation, and Logistics support of C4ISR requirements.
- One (1) year of technical experience in support of information assurance/network protection or virtualization projects.
- Advanced experience in analysis and design of voice networks, LAN and WAN data networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services.
- Maintains an up-to-date technical and practical knowledge and understanding of system testing and analysis.
- Knowledge of networking hardware, software, standards, best practices, and industry trends.
- Excellent technical knowledge of network, security and storage infrastructure including: local area networks, wide area networks, wireless networking, VPN, firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, WAN optimizers, endpoint security and encryption, proxy servers, digital certificates, data center management and cabling standards.
- Excellent oral and written communications to exchange information, explain procedures, techniques, and answer questions in a clear logical manner.
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide professional documentation (diagrams, specifications, technical requirements, and proposal content).
- Experience architecting, designing, implementing, and maintaining complex network infrastructures.
- Experience with Palo Alto 3000, 4000, and 5000 series Firewalls
- Experience with Cisco ASA Firewall/VPN, Juniper ISG/SSG VPN is highly desired
- Experience with Splunk
- provided by Dice