PF1Professional Services, Inc.
Dallas, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Job Contact: Bill Alford
National company is seeking a strong and experienced mobile architect. This position is to ensure a sound architecture across these platforms today and build a strong foundation looking towards the future of the products.
- This position will be responsible for providing technical leadership and direction to other mobile developers for Android and iOS and helping shape the strategy for testing and deployment across different markets.
- The successful candidate will be required to engage with other teams and also work with product managers and business owners.
- Drive mobile architecture in Android and iOS platforms
- Drive mobile architecture for app and browsers
- Drive alignment between different applications brought in by acquisition
- Work with the business and clients to understand their needs and how to architect the solutions to meet these needs
- Drive mobile development best practices
- Innovate in the mobile space
- Should be an architect level developer with minimum 10+ years' experience in designing and implementing solutions in Android and iOS devices.
- Experience in developing Android apps that use NDK
- Experience in publishing apps on Google Play store and Amazon Kindle store.
- Proven record of mobile app development in both iOS and Android
- This position requires at least 10+ years of experience developing for Android and iOS.
- Strong Java knowledge
- Strong C/C++ knowledge and Android NDK
- Strong Objective-C and Swift knowledge
- Good knowledge of HTTP communication (HTTP/S, HLS) and VPN
- Good knowledge on Android memory management and Android app permissions
- Good knowledge on Linux OS
- Strong Knowledge in VPN/Proxy protocol Strong record on mobile performance optimization
- Knowledge of IPv4/IPv6, QUIC, UDP/TCP packets
- Knowledge of Continuous integration using Jenkins/gradle
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum, Git, Jira, Confluence
- Should have proven ability to direct, mentor and provide technical leadership, lead systems designs and platform architectures
- Should be able to assess existing systems and design a strategy to make them high performing and efficient
- Should be able to work across multiple platforms and domains
- Should have ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Direction and support will be provided by the manager, but the candidate is expected to be a proactive leader and put forth his/her own ideas
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Experience in making independent sound decisions and possess the ability to take responsibility for specific projects or definable portions of larger projects
- Leadership skills: commitment to excellence, accepting responsibility for results, and making quality decisions
- Flexible to attempt alternate solutions to resolve issues and adjust to a dynamic, changing technical and business environment.