Catholic Charities of Ardiocese of New York
New York, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Clerical responsibilities:
· Reviewing and sorting incoming mail for all staff; preparing outgoing mail; identifying correspondence that requires immediate attention and bringing it to the attention of appropriate staff members.
· Using the client management database (LawLogix) to register, maintain, and update client records and to record deadlines and all correspondence received for or from clients.
· Data entry in other databases, as required by various contracts.
· Sorting and filing correspondence in client files.
· Retrieving files from the main cabinets and from archives; returning files to cabinets.
· Ensuring client files are organized in the main cabinets.
· Faxing and photocopying documents.
· Organizing and distributing office supplies; ensuring that printers have paper and are functional; monitoring incoming faxes and distributing them as appropriate.
· Assisting the Director of Operations, Program Director and Divisional Director on special projects.
· Providing clerical support - including filing, photocopying, and mailing - to several migration counselors/attorneys.
· Other clerical duties as assigned.
2. ActionNYC Scheduling System:
· Scheduling, confirming, and canceling appointments for individuals interested in receiving immigration legal advice or assistance through the ActionNYC network;
· Adhering to ActionNYC call response and referral protocols;
· Documenting all services provided to ActionNYC callers, maintaining and reporting client statistical data.
· Receiving/greeting the public and clients at the front desk; answering the phones. Assessing nature of walk-in inquiries and referring to appropriate staff for further action.
· Providing information to the public on office services (including intake/consultation days, the Immigration Hotlines, and parish outreach).
· Answering and routing telephone calls.
· Scheduling, confirming, and canceling appointments.
· Managing activities of front desk reception on special program days.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position that will require flexibility working two shifts: 9:00 AM to 5 PM and 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM Monday - Friday. Additional hours may be required to meet court and/or program deadlines, or client needs.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Remain stationary at a work station and in meetings, and use a computer at least 75% of the time.
· Bend, stretch and use short ladder in order to file.
Education and/or experience required:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent professional training related to the position;
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
1. Bilingual in English and Spanish;
2. Comfort using technology and inputting data, including working knowledge of MS Office (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel);
3. Highly motivated and self-starter;
4. Good communication and analytical skills; and
Catholic Charities serves the Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island, and ten counties of the New York metropolitan area including: Westchester, Rockland, Dutchess, Orange, Ulster, Sullivan and Putnam.