Therapy EHR Systems Analyst
Berean Group International, Inc.
Victoria, Texas, United States
Job type: all
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Full time opportunity with one week per month required onsite. Expenses paid
US CITIZENS AND GREEN CARD HOLDERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. OUR CLIENT CANNOT SPONSOR
At least 2 years prior experience as a Therapy Systems Analyst
The Therapy Systems Analyst's role is a system subject matter expert and will plan, design, develop, and launch efficient therapy systems in support of core organizational functions and rehab operational processes at provider (RIHS). This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. Through expertise and knowledge of how Therapy and EHR systems are used in a long-term-care facility, they will strive to improve and optimize the rehab processes performed by the systems within the RIHS environment.
Responsibilities include the use of technology in the direct provision of patient care, operations, administration and rehab functions. They will collaborate and provide direction to the therapy department, as well as clinical operations regarding the use of therapy systems and will design optimal processes, and perform implementation, education, and support of computerized and manual information systems.
The Therapy Systems Analyst is also responsible for generating and compiling reports based on the findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. They will integrate multiple platforms as required. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments.
Strategy & Planning
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define rehab/therapy technology requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for enhancing therapy business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of systems analysis in order to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions.
- Gain a solid understanding of RIHS operational environment to optimize the use of our therapy EHR systems and inherent processes for the betterment of resident care, rehab/operation efficiencies, and therapy cost management
- Develop measurements and metrics to ensure the benefits of system and improvements are realized.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Stay current on relevant systems and applications; take a proactive role in recommending improvements and changes
- Conduct research on software products to justify recommendations and support purchasing efforts.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of therapy EHR systems and other systems that contain therapy data (such as clinical EHR).
- Lead workflow redesign and implementation rollout efforts across RIHS business office groups and leverage knowledge of therapy workflows to guide the process, policy, and procedure changes necessary to fully realize the benefits of information systems and new features
- Utilize communication and change management strategies to support the adoption of relevant information systems
- Assist in managing prioritization and decision making processes and communicating program/project goals and impact to various operational, and therapy constituencies
- Responsible for all aspects of RIHS's Therapy EHR System. This includes implementation, use, integration, and support
- Supervise and/or lead staff for projects involving Therapy EHR system implementation, training and/or analysis
- Oversee the implementation & operation of integrations and interfaces with other systems and applications.
- Ensure successful execution & investigate issues on a detailed level as needed.
- Design, support and/ or develop effective reports, business intelligence and/or dashboards to facilitate decision making, optimization, and effective resident care and therapy management.
- Prepare, create, and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in Therapy EHR systems across the organization.
- Working with rehab, clinical, financial, and operational staff, oversee the development of best practices, standards, and policies in using Therapy EHR systems
- Investigate problems and issues. Work with the vendor(s) for support and troubleshooting
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Provide immediate support by telephone and email to users with business process queries or difficulties using the application in their day to day work.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, accounting, or management information systems and/or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and/or configuration and implementation of software solutions, systems, or products.
- Working technical knowledge of Therapy EHR systems such as Rehab Optima or Casamba
- Extensive practical knowledge in exporting and importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, flowcharts and dashboards.
- Extensive practical knowledge in exporting and importing data for use in migrations and integrations
- (ETL process preferred)
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including Excel, SQL, Rehab Optima preferred.
- 2 years min experience in the Long Term Care industry.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Logical and efficient.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication, customer relationship management, and documentation skills.
- Ability to learn and understand the organization's goals and objectives.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Berean Group International
- provided by Dice Therapy EHR systems (Rehab Optima or Casamba) Excel, Long Term Care