Rock Island, Illinois, United States
Job type: contract
Job industry: Trades & Services
Pay Rate: $13.86
Monday - Thursday 3:30 pm to 2:00 am
Assembler Associate- Skill F
PVC Boot Maker 1
• Learns the safety steps and operation of running an injection molding machine.
• Assembles liners on molds.
• Loads ancillary parts on the molds as per construction.
• Runs packing belt operations.
• Uses a trimmer, decal and pad printing machine.
• Learns to fold cartons, cases, bar coding, etc.
• Grinds boots, cuts up components from reject boots.
• Basic material handling, moving material from Point of Use Storage to work area.
• Performs assembly operations as needed (swift-taching, etc)
• Requires clean-up of work station on a daily basis.
• Must be able to perform all jobs at standard rate.
• Product inspection and recording.
• Product finishing and packaging.
• Fills vacancies, absentee positions and conducts training of new employees and retraining as required and directed by Supervisor.
• Involvement in Tier meetings, 5S activities, safety audits, CI activities.
• Other duties assigned by supervisor.
• Good communication skills
• Previous manufacturing experience
• Previous work experience
• Standing and walking continuously between 8 to 9 hours per day
• Fine motor skills for manipulation of liners for over 8 hours a day
• Twisting, turning, and bending, pinching and grasping required for 1 to 2 hours per day
• Firm strong grasp for up to 5 to 6 hours per day
• Repetitive use of both hands for 7 to 8 hours per day
• Lifting of 30 pounds from waist to shoulders and from floor to waist occasionally.
• Ability to use tools such as scissors, safety knives, swift-tachers, tape dispensers, etc.
• Constant exposure to moving equipment and machinery
• Exposure to ambient changes in temperature including heat over 100 degrees seasonally.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE):
• Safety glasses are required.
• Any and all PPE equipment must be worn for the requirement of each job daily as per JHA.